spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Benjamin CC
join:2014-08-03
Albany, NY

Benjamin CC

choise of SFP, which may compatible cisco and dell switches

I decided to connect cisco 2960s series switch to a dell power connect 2848 switch via fiber using SFP. The cisco SFP is too expensive so that I want to use the dell SFP, but not sure whether they will compatible with cisco switches?(as many people said that the cisco switches will generally not allow other modules to be inserted, I am very doubtful about it ).Or is there any generic brand of SPF which can compatible with both cisco and dell switches?
As I am not familiar with other generic brand providers.So,if you recommend the 3rd company's SFP in this topic, I hope that there will be a warranty for the products, not just the product with lower price but insufficient quality.
All of your advices will give me great help,thanks very much!

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

There are commands to allow (force?) the Cisco switch to recognize 3rd party SFP's...

I've never had good luck with it, though; and typically end up using genuine Cisco modules. They cost more, but they just work, and there's no support headaches.

Gibcs, I've had great luck with Champion, which are about 1/3 the price of Cisco.

Benjamin CC
Albany, NY

Benjamin CC

i just find a provider.when i search something about this on google, i see a google ad which says its sfp is fully compatible with cisco's ,i click it because of my curiosity and find the price amazed me so much,the provider calls Fiberstore,i really want to know whether is the quality as good as the price.does anyone have a shopping experience with them?
DrD
join:2008-03-03
Harrisonville, MO

DrD to LazMan

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

Gibcs, I've had great luck with Champion, which are about 1/3 the price of Cisco.

Champion SFPs are great!
Jameslee
join:2014-08-25

Jameslee to Benjamin CC

to Benjamin CC
My advice is Fiberstore, it has 11 years old and it has different types compatible SFP module and there is another good news ii that Fiberstore is doing 30% of the common supplier. I have always bought fiber Products from it.

Benjamin CC
Albany, NY

Benjamin CC

hi, jameslee, how about the quality and service in Fiberstore? i am really doubtful on such lower price.and how about the warranty?
Jameslee
join:2014-08-25

Jameslee

I have ever bought fiber cables and Cisco compatible SFP module from it, the quality is quite good and it had quality assurance, as for service, when I met some problems, the person help me to deal with it quickly so that I feel that nice.

Benjamin CC
Albany, NY

Benjamin CC

thanks jameslee, i just try to touch them by e-mail.their sale person is very professional and strive to meet my needs.i have ordered the GLC-SX-MM compatible sfp, just $8.4 per one, amazing!but anyway, the quality and shipping is my concern about.i will share my first shopping experience here later.
Jimmy724
join:2014-08-07
New York, NY

Jimmy724 to LazMan

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

There are commands to allow (force?) the Cisco switch to recognize 3rd party SFP's...

Yes, I've found the right way to use 3rd party SFPs on my Cisco switch in another post. Hence, compatible modules are no longer problems now.

Benjamin CC
Albany, NY

Benjamin CC

when i come back after my short holiday,i receive my sfp, it is excellent. haha, a successful shopping experience.

in spite of this, i also want to find some reliable providers as my candidate suppliers. thanks lazman & dro for recommending Champion to me, it is also a good choice but a pity that is a little expensive than fiberstore of this products.

welcome all the people in this forum to recommend optical products providers which is excellent, reliable,and also can offer with a reasonable price. thanks!
Benjamin CC

Benjamin CC to Jimmy724

to Jimmy724
can u share your idea, Jimmy?
Jimmy724
join:2014-08-07
New York, NY

Jimmy724

As you need a generic brand provider of SFPs, I suggest that you should have a try on Chinese manufacturers because they generally offer a very low pricing. You can make a sample order and then bulk. Search on Google, and you'll find what you want, remember to choose the cheapest.

Nate425
Premium Member
join:2005-02-03
Charlottesville, VA

Nate425 to Benjamin CC

Premium Member

to Benjamin CC
oemoptic.com...dirt cheap sfp's, lifetime warranty.
Expand your moderator at work

Benjamin CC
Albany, NY

Benjamin CC to Nate425

to Nate425

Re: choise of SFP, which may compatible cisco and dell switches

Thanks you Nate425 for sharing. I will keep watching on this website.