how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tiredhuman

@166.137.8.x

1 recommendation

[Rant] Racist Latino Parking Cop at LAX

A Racist Latino Parking Cop at LAX ticketed me for no reason saying that I was double parked at the section in LAX where you meet you family returning or visiting. The sad true is that he saw a white guy with a nice car (Volvo) and bended the law to feel superior; fun fact: I am also Latino but I look German/Russian. He actually step in front of my car while still moving and told me to park in a handicap area so he can ticket me, what a joke! Sadly nobody talks about the Hispanic Cops that profile white people, racism is everywhere.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
You were in this area?
"Motorists meeting arriving passengers can park and wait free in the LAX Cell Phone Waiting Lot at the northwest corner of 96th Street and Vicksburg Avenue adjacent to LAX Parking Lot C."

OR

This area?
"Passenger dropoff and pickup is permitted at terminal curb side only %u2013 no parking or waiting at curbside is allowed. Meet family or friends in airline baggage areas on the Lower/Arrivals Level or terminal curbside.

»www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LAX/p ··· lish.pdf

For the times I use ATL to meet or drop off people I have given up on curbside, Too many chances for ATL police to say you were parking and ticket you. I use the temporary lot, pay the fee, and walk or take the shuttle. If the LAX Cell Phone lot is similar to our temporary parking it might be easier to do that. If you got a ticket in the cell phone lot that does seem odd.

what the

join:2014-06-28
usa
reply to Tiredhuman
There are signs everywhere about where to park to pick up people and in temporary zones you can not park just stop throw in the persons bags and then move on, no standing in these areas.
PS: A Volvo is not going to make cops think the owner is rich.
Only rep I ever heard about Volvo's (never owned one and don't want to) is they are (used to be?) dependable cars.

Weirdal
Premium
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE
kudos:21
reply to Tiredhuman
Maybe you should take a step back and think that maybe you were breaking the law instead of playing the race card.
--
»[Info] The DSLR Orangeface extension 2.0!

Eyeballs
Premium
join:2000-04-25
Worcester, MA
reply to Tiredhuman
And all the Latinos get to park where eva they feel like.

Just pay the ticket.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to Tiredhuman
Don't you know that only White People can be racist?

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to what the
" A Volvo is not going to make cops think the owner is rich."

Around here they will just think they are a snob.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Tiredhuman
Gee....sounds like you were *this* close to getting tased or shot. Or maybe the racism against you was only worth a ticket.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to Tiredhuman
Most of the cops around here are juiced up veterans with mental issues.

As petty as this complaint seems it is totally believable. I've been harassed for walking at night.

moes
Premium
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
reply to Tiredhuman
self entitlement is what get's people into these situations. follow what is being said, especially at an airport, were they are going to be quite a bit more anal.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Weirdal
said by Weirdal:

Maybe you should take a step back and think that maybe you were breaking the law instead of playing the race card.

Pretty sure OP was doing both.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to battleop
said by battleop:

" A Volvo is not going to make cops think the owner is rich."

Around here they will just think they are a snob.

Same here. This area is booming because of oil and gas and it is normal to see much nicer cars like high end MB's, BMW's, Bentleys, etc. A Volvo, while nice, is nothing compared to what a lot of people have here.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

horacebork
Premium
join:2011-03-17
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms
reply to Tiredhuman

... park in a handicap area ...

"the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. there is no stopping in the red zone." vernon =)
--
don't run, we are your friends. martian soldier