sestrada
Premium Member
join:2012-11-05
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

Chronic no fix

My RRBC internet service goes down a few times a day the past couple of months.

Usually it comes back on its own without me having to call anyone.

The modem is plugged into a three way splitter.

Service on the other two modems plugged into the splitter stay up when the RRBC service goes down.

I'm on my third RRBC modem - two different models, second modem cable, and second splitter in a month.

The last support tech thinks a hot level is coming out of the modem but will need to dispatch someone AGAIN to confirm.

What do you think the trouble is?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by sestrada:

My RRBC internet service goes down a few times a day the past couple of months.

Usually it comes back on its own without me having to call anyone.

The modem is plugged into a three way splitter.

Service on the other two modems plugged into the splitter stay up when the RRBC service goes down.

I'm on my third RRBC modem - two different models, second modem cable, and second splitter in a month.

The last support tech thinks a hot level is coming out of the modem but will need to dispatch someone AGAIN to confirm.

What do you think the trouble is?

Update your direct thread with your current modem MAC and I will tell you. No need to confirm anything with a tech it can easily be seen remotely.
sestrada
Premium Member
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

Q. How many techs does it take to fix one internet line that's dropping out?

A. Beats me. Two months + dozens of phone calls + half a dozen visits + three modems + two splitters and cables = still not fixed.

TV + phone + other internet line are fine.

Tech that came out last Saturday said an amplifier that affects the whole block needs adjusting.

I guess that fix didnt work cause the guy came back out this weekend.

Today they replaced the cable between the box outside and side of my house.

And every time somebody does something, when the modem comes back online, the wireless light pops up, and I gotta call a few times before getting someone on the phone who knows how to disable wireless.

I wonder if residence repair is any better.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
Update your direct thread with your current modem MAC

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

1 edit

kdwycha to sestrada

to sestrada
Those 3 way splitters typically do 2 -7.5db and one -3.5db and from what I understand modems shouldn't be connected to the -3.5db connection. This is probably why 2 connections are working great and you are having issues with one. Might try putting the TV on the -3.5db and the modem on one of the -7.5db connections and bet that fixes it

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

Interesting, I know I am on a 3-way BHN left at my place, will need to look and see if that is the case on my splitter... not that I am having problems, but hey what the heck...

kdwycha
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha

said by kdwycha:

Those 3 way splitters typically do 2 -7.5db and one -3.5db and from what I understand modems shouldn't be connected to the -3.5db connection. This is probably why 2 connections are working great and you are having issues with one. Might try putting the TV on the -3.5db and the modem on one of the -7.5db connections and bet that fixes it

I just realized you said you have 3 modems so I guess this wouldn't work however you could always try swapping one of the modems on the splitter and if that causes a modem that normally doesn't have issues to start having service failures then voila you know the cause
sestrada
Premium Member
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

The three modems are for intenet stuff. TV got a separate drop.

I'm down again six hours last night.

The guy on the phone offered to send a tech out in the AM.

Someone shows up bright and early, but service recovered by then.

I pointed out the junction box the contractor worked on yesterday.

The door fell off as soon as the tech touched it.

He fixed that, found the stuff in the house ok, and said whatever happened last night affected the neighborhood.

Again I waited at home for nothing.

Q. How many techs does it take to fix an area problem?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
You are repeating yourself. You have been asked now 3 times to update your direct thread so I can find out why and what is happening.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
A field supervisor will be contacting you to discuss your account, investigate and resolve any outstanding issues and then report back to me. I will be in touch after this is complete.
sestrada
Premium Member
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

I was tickled pink to get a call this afternoon from somebody at Brighthouse whose assured me the problem is on the BH business network - not my house - and is being dealt with - until going down again tonight

I've been dealing with daily interruptions since July and it's getting worse.

Q. At what point do you give up and say you had enough?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by sestrada:

I was tickled pink to get a call this afternoon from somebody at Brighthouse whose assured me the problem is on the BH business network - not my house - and is being dealt with - until going down again tonight

I've been dealing with daily interruptions since July and it's getting worse.

Q. At what point do you give up and say you had enough?

At what time tonight? I will let Mike know.
sestrada
Premium Member
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

About 5PM.

A tier 2 tech called last week or the week before. We discussed my ongoing issues that started in July.

The tech that fixed the door the contractor broke the other day sat in his truck half an hour yesterday morning taking readings, then gave me a report.

After all the phone calls, all the visits, all the stuff that was changed, and all the historical data - does it really take a public post on an internet forum, and one lone employee who monitors these forums, to get this worked on?

If so, the service is more than appalling.
sestrada

sestrada

Premium Member

There's nothing more delightful than calling Brighthouse on a Friday night and telling them your down again.
sestrada

sestrada

Premium Member

The wonderful service I come to know and love from Brighthouse over the years may be gone.

My RRBC service was down six hours last night before going to bed. I called today to report things returned to normal after waking up this morning.

Two weeks ago I added Brighthouse home security to the pile of subscribed services. That new modem is bridged in with the TV drop, not the RRBC stuff.

The home security IP cameras were unreachable from the internet at the same time the RRBC gateway was dropping half its ping packets. I volunteered that info to the RRBC tech and he refused to log it explaining he has nothing to do with residence. So I waited on hold half an hour after that call for somebody in the residence side of the house who verified trouble contacting the home security modem.

That's bad.

How many more outages, how many more calls, how many more visits, and how many more readings do the techicians need to take?

What could possibly be wrong that takes three months to isolate and fix?

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL

There's gotta be something with wiring, junction box, a node you're running off of, or something else similar. I've read your posts, and just can't believe the issues you keep bringing up. That length of time, with consistent, though intermittent problems, is crazy. It feels good to vent-I know, but try to let Safari Dude, and the higher level techs he can get out there solve it.

I had a problem several years ago, before I knew of Safari Dude. Of course, every time someone came out, all was well. Took about a month to determine there was an issue down the street in one of those big green BHN boxes...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
Sestrata I hate to break the bad news to you but I have been monitoring you RBBC connection at 8sec intervals going on two weeks now. I checked last night when you said you were down and at no time did we lose connectivity to your gateway. I will post the results late tonight when I get back into town......soooo something else is going on. We will look at it again on Monday.
sestrada
Premium Member
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

The techs who been out here dozens of times took lots of readings inside and out. I'm happy to entertain another, and another, and another.

Whatever the BHN guy is monitoring is probably pointless since it missed six hours of a network so bad that all my websites and new ip cameras were unreachable.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
No it isn't pointlesss and it doesn't lie. We will look at this again on Monday just be aware however I can see your gateway just fine and it's been responding just fine...so we're likely dealing with something modem inward.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
I am willing to entertain all things however but right now I'm going with what I can see.....
sestrada
Premium Member
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

Nothing like being captive to your couch Saturday.

I'm down again and a tech showed up to take a peek.

Report = a reverse path card that affects the entire neighborhood is clocking errors and will be dutifully reported to maintenance to get fixed.
InternetJeff
I'm your huckleberry.
join:2001-09-25

InternetJeff

said by sestrada:

Nothing like being captive to your couch Saturday.

I'm down again and a tech showed up to take a peek.

Report = a reverse path card that affects the entire neighborhood is clocking errors and will be dutifully reported to maintenance to get fixed.

Sestrada, you should call BHN and tell them you want a prorated credit on your next statement for all of the downtime.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
said by sestrada:

From whom?
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
Click for full size
Well looky what we have we have.... what a difference a day makes Now that I have a chance to look at last 24 hours things have changed. I can work with this....
sestrada
Premium Member
U.S.A.
·Charter

sestrada

Premium Member

Hey BHN guy - please use discretion and not post records of my service publically.

I called for status last night and this morning. Kyle the tech opened a maintenance ticket, and I'm told it may take as much as 15 days to get worked, but the phone people have no access to those tickets to give any more detail, and say maintenance can't be contacted by phone.

Sure they can't.

Makes me wonder what happened to the outside maintenance ticket a tech opened a couple of weeks ago.-

In the meantime my RRBC service is effectively useless, and the brand new home security IP cameras can't be reached from the internet.

kdwycha
Ruskin, FL

2 recommendations

kdwycha to sestrada

to sestrada
I find it offensive you come to a public forum to address your displeasure in regards to alleged service failures and continue to post publicly rather then in the direct forum yet complain that the graph was posted. It contains no personal account information or ip information specific to your account. It is no wonder your issue has not been resolved. Not sure if you have heard the term too many cooks in the kitchen. It appears you continue to go through multiple channels at the same time to resolve your service issue rather then go through your business account manager or Gary directly.
sestrada
Premium Member
U.S.A.

sestrada

Premium Member

I'm looking for insight from users who may have been through something similar.

What could possibly be wrong?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
said by sestrada:

Hey BHN guy - please use discretion and not post records of my service publically.

I called for status last night and this morning. Kyle the tech opened a maintenance ticket, and I'm told it may take as much as 15 days to get worked, but the phone people have no access to those tickets to give any more detail, and say maintenance can't be contacted by phone.

Sure they can't.

Makes me wonder what happened to the outside maintenance ticket a tech opened a couple of weeks ago.-

In the meantime my RRBC service is effectively useless, and the brand new home security IP cameras can't be reached from the internet.

Then start responding in direct where this should be and stop playing games. There is no personally identifiable data there in that graphic. I actually confirmed what your experience was if you bothered to look at it. In other words its positive for your claim of service issues. I have already sent it off to the proper team that is and has been working your concerns now for quite some time. Mike will be in touch tomorrow. In the meantime IF you want to help with the process start responding to me directly so I can gather much needed additional info.

And for everyones digestion including your own you have been provided Mike's (and mine) direct contact information to report any concerns you might have right to the horse thus avoiding any Customer Care calls at all. Instead of calling Care you should have immediately picked up the phone and called Mike or myself. Since Mike is responsible for the field team investigating this you couldn't get any closer to the horse than Mike.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
Just in case you are having problems finding your direct post here is the direct link »How do you get a Florida RRBC customer to pay double?

You can also track your posts here »/postl ··· thin&p=1
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to sestrada

Premium Member

to sestrada
As an update the system feed to this customer is at the intersection of two major roads in Orlando and is getting a complete overhaul, with a flyover bridge and everything. Construction is heavy and during this time unfortunately there will be some issues as things get moved around. This particular issue is noise related and has been extremely difficult to track down as its intermittent. We continue to work it as quickly as possible however these types of problems can and do take time and just a little bit of luck to mix.