All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned) to Packeteers

to Packeteers

Re: Keep turning those screws T-Mobile...

said by Packeteers:

yup, this is what true competition makes possible - innovation and
increased value to consumers. too bad our FCC does not get that.

let me know when T-Mobile 97% of the US not less than 70% THEN it's compeition

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

2 recommendations

IPPlanMan

Will 96% suffice?

T-Mobile covers 96% of Americans.

That's right, at T-Mobile we cover 96% of Americans coast to coast. Whether you're making calls, texting, or mapping directions, we've got you covered where you live, work, and play.

We're the fastest growing nationwide LTE network and we're not stopping there.

At T-Mobile, we're committed to making our network the best it can be for our customers. That's why we're upgrading our 2G/EDGE network to the latest-generation 4G LTE.

It's worth repeating: we're upgrading half of all our 2G/EDGE network to LTE by the end of this year and will be substantially complete in 2015. And we're just getting started.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy

MVM

What percentage of Americans live in metropolitan areas? 96% ?
If you travel outside of metropolitan areas T-Mobile coverage is zilch. I'd LOVE to switch but can't because of their poor footprint.
And it's not that you roam outside of cities it's that you get "no coverage" where you can't even make a lifeline call.

delusion ftl
@204.124.13.x

delusion ftl

Anon

This is false. All phones will dial out 911 on any carriers signal regardless of roaming agreements, or even an active line of service.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan
They have a LOT of EDGE-only coverage, and a LOT of SOS-only areas (AT&T covered).

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

As they've said, they're going to have half of their edge network converted to LTE by the end of this year, with the other half by 2015.

If T-Mobile has shown us anything, they do things ahead of schedule: VoLTE for example.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

I'll believe it when I see it. And they still have a lot of areas with no service to work on too.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

I'd say T-Mobile's track record is pretty good... Compare it to Sprint's Network Vision project which is hopelessly languishing in a number of top markets like DC and San Francisco, neither in which has Sprint officially launched LTE ... No contest there.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

Sprint's network is a total mess. But it still has more coverage than T-Mobile's by a decent margin, although it's still nothing compared to AT&T or Verizon. At least T-Mobile has GSM and disruptive pricing, particularly with international roaming to attract customers. Sprint has nothing.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

T-Mobile is moving incredibly quickly...
Nationwide VoLTE in mere months after Seattle test.
HD Voice
EDGE conversion to LTE. Half by end of 2014. Rest by 2015.
Deployment of 700Mhz spectrum

This is what Network Vision was supposed to be...
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Their network is still tiny compared to the big boys.