spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Gary A
join:2008-03-02
Odessa, FL

Gary A

DeeEnEs On Windows 7 Question

I've used DeeEnEs on a WinXp PC for years to update my line monitor here on DSLReports, with no problem. Recently, I replaced the old WinXP desktop with a Win7 x64 desktop. I installed DeeEnEs on it and entered my DSLReports account info. It worked just fine.

What I didn't realize until today is that DeeEnEs is not starting automatically when I boot the PC. If I start it manually, it starts (after clicking on the UAC prompt) and updates DSLReports normally.

Is anyone else here using DeeEnEs on a Win7 PC? Does it start when the PC boots?

I have the DeeEnEs options set to "Start automatically" but it doesn't. I can see the Registry entry in HKCU:Run but it doesn't start on boot.

I tried changing the DeeEnEs.exe file Properties to "Run this program as an administrator" but that didn't help.

I even tried adding a shortcut to Start-->All Programs-->Startup with administrator privileges, but that didn't work either.

What can I do to get DeeEnEs to automatically start when I boot Win7?

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl
join:2000-01-19
Blue Springs, MO

randavis

I think you need to create a scheduled task that runs at bootup. There are several tutorials on the internet

Gary A
Odessa, FL

Gary A

Thanks for the tip. After some searching, I found this tutorial which worked. I have a love/hate relationship with UAC.

»www.sevenforums.com/tuto ··· ml?ltr=E

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl
join:2000-01-19
Blue Springs, MO

randavis

I turned it off on my main desktop machine. It is still enabled on my laptop.

Gary A
Odessa, FL

1 edit

Gary A

I only have DeeEnEs running on 1 machine (desktop that never moves) but this was my first experience trying to get it to run on Win7 and I completely forgot how UAC can get in the way of programs that used to work under WinXP. I've left UAC turned ON, on both PCs.