Premium Member
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum

Kosh

Premium Member

[T-Mobile] T-Mobile ends Monthly Discounts for some employers

Click for full size
Woohoo
T-Mo had been talking about ending the Advantage Program (monthly discounts) previously and received a backlash, but I received this postcard in the mail today.

Apparently anyone who gets their discounts via Beneplace (a discount provider for several large employers) is affected as well. There won't be any grandfathering in this case, as the agreement between T-Mo and the employer is no more. The 'new' Advantage program gives a $25 gift card for each line you activate. Yipee!

My contract is up in two months, so I'll be shopping the other providers in the meantime.
Couch Potato
What?
Premium Member
join:2004-08-29
Statesville, NC

Couch Potato

Premium Member

This is not T-Mobile's doing, the company you were getting your discount through (Beneplace?) has either let the contract lapse or has not held up their end of the contract, either way, the contract is no more and so is your discount.
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2 to Kosh

Premium Member

to Kosh
Well this was the first shoe to drop: »T-Mobile Will Let Existing Customers Keep Employer Discounts [20] comments

And now your post is the second, getting rid of the employee discounts that were grandfathered in.