Search similar:

uniqs
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01

Re: Missing Channel

Thank you for calling Rogers, unfortunately all of our HD channels are busy at the moment, Please hold and the next available representative will go on break shortly.

Gnexus01
join:2012-12-05
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

Rogers Reminds me of the Comcast commercial on you tube. Look it up, and you will see what I mean.
Gnexus01

Gnexus01

I just noticed Animal Planet and Discovery Science are now in HD like they should be. Finally! It's not Auto Converting either, it's just called Discovery Science HD now.
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

The way the box works, when you tune a channel, it references it's programming and tunes a frequency.

So you hit 13, it tunes 483.15mhz.
Let's say that's the SD version of the channel.
If you have HD, the programming tells it to tune 575.15mhz instead, which is where the HD feed is being transmitted .

It's not converting so to speak,, your programming wasn't getting pointed to the right frequency like it is supposed to. In order for it to be in HD. It kept pounding the box back to the SD frequency.

RogersMikeT
VIP
join:2011-09-30
North York, ON

RogersMikeT to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01
Excellent, glad to hear it's working correctly.

Fr Lurker
@99.254.8.x

Fr Lurker

Anon

Just to reconfirm:

Ottawa East, channel 247 is now labelled SCIHD on a 4250HD terminal and the signal is in HD. On a sd 3200 terminal, channel 247 is labelled SCI and the signal as expected is sd.

It took a while but..... Yes...... It's fixed!
ShaneBarnes
join:2007-08-24
North York, ON

ShaneBarnes

I guess I can post this here, but I've been very confused as well with all this channel switching. TSNHD and TSN2HD use to be 506 and 507, but the new 5 channel block of TSN got moved to 494-498, but they're all the SD feeds.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.