spc
Search similar:

uniqs

wows awefull
@65.60.205.x

wows awefull

Anon

channels drop / prices still increase

there's been a constant rate increase in billing & channels dropped since I have been a customer (15 years plus ) .with no straight answers from this cable provider for these actions , the latest channel dropped would be Disney XD. I believe I started out around $24 a month I have added internet service , but for over $100 a month now I should be receiving more channels and faster services than what I am . With channels being dropped shouldn't my billing go down not up ?
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD
Ooma Telo

devolved

Where are you located? Maybe DISXD was moved because it was added in all areas on Aug. 1.

»www.wowway.com/wow/help- ··· -updates
humvee
join:2014-01-19

humvee to wows awefull

to wows awefull
Disney XD was moved to the Digital Signature lineup, which is not available to Basic users.
So, yes, it was dropped, for Basic users.

I don't see what they replaced it with. The channel is missing.
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD
Ooma Telo

devolved

said by humvee:

Disney XD was moved to the Digital Signature lineup, which is not available to Basic users.

That's what I was also thinking too. It was never available here and was added August 1.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to wows awefull

to wows awefull
The moved DisneyXD to Signature here too. Funny because they just sent us a channel listing in our last bill and it still had it in the old spot. They are switching things so often (see below) they will have to issue new listings every month

On a similar note I just noticed TBS was moved off of Limited to Basic cable. I think it is now that way in all markets.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

1 edit

mogamer to wows awefull

to wows awefull
I know price increases are a fact of life. But WOW can't be considered a low price provider anymore. My mom still subs to WOW and looking at the $5 increase for Signature while losing Starz/Encore and now paying $12 more than last year (and still not getting access to Starz Play/Encore Play) for them with no new channels to backfill, the increases to premium channels, the increases to modems, she's now paying $23 more than she did last year at this time. They could at least moved MGM and Universal to Signature instead of having them in their own dumb, little package. Probably time for her to play the switch providers game.
alan92rttt
join:2012-02-27

alan92rttt to wows awefull

to wows awefull
Several months ago I called and complained about the price vs service. I mentioned some of comcast's packages and told them they needed to do something to keep me.

They lowered my bill and added HBO. I watch HBO more then I did stars and I pay less. Given I did not want to switch to comcast this was a win as far as I am concerned.
baess

baess

said by alan92rttt:

They lowered my bill and added HBO. I watch HBO more then I did stars and I pay less. Given I did not want to switch to comcast this was a win as far as I am concerned.

WOW customer from day one. Told I have max discounts. And I have to beg them to continue them when they expire. Each time they say the most they can give me has been reduced. Never once been offered anything free. Especially a premium channel.

Care to share how much you are paying and for what services? I assume you get a credit to offset the cost of HBO.
alan92rttt

to wows awefull
I think its about 130 before taxes I'd have to check a bill to be sure.

For that I get:
Ultra
Digital Signature TV
Unlisted phone
HBO
Internet.

I am sure if I pushed harder I could get it reduced further.
baess

baess

said by alan92rttt:

I think its about 130 before taxes I'd have to check a bill to be sure.

For that I get:
Ultra
Digital Signature TV
Unlisted phone
HBO
Internet.

I am sure if I pushed harder I could get it reduced further.

Pretty sure there are max discounts they can give. Or maybe not.

Get it reduced as low as you can and post the credits you receive. May help the rest of us.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to wows awefull

to wows awefull
I just have the media gateway (which I do not use, I use my own wifi router) and 3 TV's that access the dvr service. Along with the 50mbps internet service, I'm putting out over 180 bucks a month. After reading this thread, I've concluded that I can switch to comcrap and get so much more for 30 bucks less a month and get phone (right now I use MJ) So.... looks like I'll give X1 a try when I call in on Tuesday.
alan92rttt

to wows awefull
IMO comcasts DVR solution is not as good.

Unless something has changed recently only one system can pause/rewind live TV with out putting full independent DVR's on each TV.

I love the way that ultra functions will full feature access on all tv's with media players.
adam1991
join:2012-06-16
united state

adam1991

I hear DirecTV's system is very good.

And then there's Windows Media Center with extenders.

tc1uscg
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to alan92rttt

to alan92rttt
I've had DTV and Dish. Other then the costs of RENTING the boxes, DTV was pretty good but I used the hopper w/Dish. However, it appears the X1 system is pretty decent from what I've read. but till I get it, I can't say. I won't call WOW for a disco till I test out the Comcast service.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by tc1uscg:

I've had DTV and Dish. Other then the costs of RENTING the boxes, DTV was pretty good but I used the hopper w/Dish. However, it appears the X1 system is pretty decent from what I've read. but till I get it, I can't say. I won't call WOW for a disco till I test out the Comcast service.

I left Dish and even though I liked the service, probably won't go back to them or DirecTV any time soon. The equipment costs are so out of hand with satellite providers and there is no way to save money on it. I have two Tivo's with cable cards and when I was with WOW, I paid $7 in equipment costs for three tv's (1st sd receiver free). With Dish or DirecTV, I would be paying $26 for three tv's for the Hopper system or $33 with the Genie system for three tv's. Way too expensive.
gene32
join:2004-05-03
Reynoldsburg, OH

gene32

said by mogamer:

I left Dish and even though I liked the service, probably won't go back to them or DirecTV any time soon. The equipment costs are so out of hand with satellite providers and there is no way to save money on it. I have two Tivo's with cable cards and when I was with WOW, I paid $7 in equipment costs for three tv's (1st sd receiver free). With Dish or DirecTV, I would be paying $26 for three tv's for the Hopper system or $33 with the Genie system for three tv's. Way too expensive.

I hear you! I love when I'm in a store and walk near a DTV sales booth, a person comes up to me and asks which provider I have blah blah blah. After I explain what I'm currently paying and after DTV's 12 month introductory rate has expired, I'd be losing money by switching to them. They concede the point and thank me for my time. But before I walk away, I tell them they need to GREATLY reduce the fees they charge for the boxes and make that introductory rate permanent the length of the contract. They laugh and agree and that's the end of the conversation.

Since people DO switch to satellite TV, they must be paying OUTRAGEOUS fees to their cable company and are looking at saving or have complete and total sh*t for TV service, prompting them to leave.
alan92rttt

to wows awefull
Unless one of the sat providers hooks up with a good hi-speed internet service I will not be switching. Right now they can not beat the service that cable provides.

tc1uscg
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to wows awefull

to wows awefull
Seen a advertisement where Dish said your signal is up 99.9% of the time. Yep, the bird can shoot it's signal to earth all day long but if your FRIGGIN ANTENNAS CAN"T SEE IT (ie., snow, heavy rain, hovering humming birds) all your gonna see is the rerun of "Sorry, your signal has been lost" on the screen.
67845017 (banned)
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL

67845017 (banned)

We've been very happy with our switches. I had WOW since the Americast days for a number of years. Finally I couldn't handle the slow internet speeds and switched to Comcast. Two years ago I switched to Dish for TV and kept Comcast for internet and phone. In the two years, we've experienced rain fade three times. No snow-outs.

In all, the prices have remained pretty constant across the Comcast to Dish change when figuring for all the promos and discounts and the expiration of each. The Hopper system is great. The family wants to keep Dish once our contract expires. I don't know if we will, but I'll be able to use Comcast as leverage and hopefully get another two year promo cycle.

My parents have had WOW for many, many years and they call in every time when the prices go up and continue to get a discount. This last time, though, the discount barely kept up with Comcast and Uverse prices given the slow speed of WOW internet service. The next price increase I think my parents will leave for Comcast or Dish.

WOW was fantastic in the beginning. Really gave Comcast a run for their money. Nowadays WOW is just pathetic.