uniqs
majorkong
join:2011-04-29
Chicago, IL

majorkong

wifi in pilsen 60608 no data caps ???

Hi all

moving to pilsen in chicago pretty soon. Approx 18th and Racine

Will own the building and want a wifi provider without data caps. I intend to cut the cable and I want to watch tv and movies without worrying about extra costs. SO any ideas please? thanks

tim
Premium Member
join:2005-06-07
Conroe, TX

tim

Premium Member

Good luck...

Any reason you're wanting a wireless provider? I don't think there is one around here, unless you're talking about one that targets large MDUs. To be honest, you'd probably be best going with AT&T U-Verse, the "250GB" cap isn't actually enforced. I've got it here (off of 21st and Oakley) and I'm fairly happy with it.
majorkong
Chicago, IL

majorkong

Hey Tim
thanks for the reply. I'm trying to get away from any data cap at all as I want to cut the cord completely. Right now I have At&t dsl very basic (1.5/300) and a landline. I'm talking to a company called new start networks who will offer 10mb wifi no data caps for $10 per month but they need 30 people subscribers to put it into Pilsen. I'm not selling it I just want to use something like this and right now I can't find anything suitable.

Incidentally if you have an interest in this email him on support@newstarnetworks.net

Thanks again for you reply AND remember there is an AWESOME mexican breakfast joint at 2350 w cermak El Taconazo eaten there for years.

Mk

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U

Premium Member

AT&T U-Verse has a stated 250 GB/month cap, but to this point, it has gone unenforced. AT&T could start enforcing it tomorrow, or 10 years from now, no one is quite sure.

You can also subscribe not on a contract, so if enforcement begins, you can cancel
majorkong
Chicago, IL

majorkong

WOW
great info THANKS! did not know you can sign up without a contract really like that idea. Thanks again