spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Michael_D
join:2013-02-17
Indianapolis, IN

Michael_D

[Internet] Major Internet outage

Looks like service is down, at least in Indianapolis. Also (verified via T-Mobile connection) all Brighthouse.com web sites are timing out, so no way to look for a verified outage.

»downdetector.com/status/ ··· networks
»twitter.com/search?f=rea ··· %20house

SparkyinCFL

MVM
join:2008-12-21
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL

MVM

can't reach google either

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to Michael_D

Premium Member

to Michael_D
Down here in CFL as well.

SparkyinCFL

MVM
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL to Michael_D

MVM

to Michael_D
I think it's out there in the 'cloud' somewhere ... different results between BHN and T-mobile. I can reach google.com via t-mobile but not other things that I can reach from BHN.
billd104
join:2009-01-30
Oldsmar, FL

billd104 to Michael_D

to Michael_D
Down in North Pinellas in Tampa Bay Florida.

Bacail
join:2010-11-01
Deland, FL

1 edit

Bacail to Michael_D

to Michael_D
Deland, FL kinda down. cant get to ars technica but google and Slashdot.net are down

Gary, master of the forums. I summon thee. Gary, slayer of bugs, killer of rats, I summon thee. GARY, FIXER OF THE BROKEN AND BRINGER OF HOPE, THE BHNTECXPERT, I SUMMON THEE!

Even tried alternate DNS servers to no avail. Routing issues, I think. poor packets hitting a dead router. little buggers never had a chance

simba1994
join:2002-02-10
Seminole, FL

simba1994 to Michael_D

to Michael_D
Down here also. North Pinellas. Can reach some sites (like dslreports), but not google, etc.
skatermike21
join:2012-09-08
Gibsonton, FL

skatermike21

Same here. I can't access dslreports on my pc had to get here on my cell. Tampa area, posted to Facebook just to make sure I wasn't alone with the problems. Google/any Google service, dslreports, about.com, amongst many others are unreachable.
billd104
Oldsmar, FL

billd104 to simba1994

to simba1994
I'm 100% offline on BHN. I'm posting this via AT&T wireless LTE. Can't get to BHN services via AT&T either.

Bacail
Deland, FL

Bacail to Michael_D

to Michael_D
did a tracert to www.slashdot.net and its hitting a wall on BHN's net down in Tampa
skatermike21
Gibsonton, FL

skatermike21 to billd104

to billd104
Really. I can get to yahoo, facebook, Xbox.com to name a few just fine

KoshiirRa
join:2011-02-16
Lake Placid, NY

KoshiirRa

I talked to Time Warner business fiber support about 20 minutes ago and got confirmation that there's a nationwide outage. Bright House might still be using the Time Warner network, and that could explain the outage.
billd104
Oldsmar, FL

billd104 to skatermike21

to skatermike21
Sure it's not your browser loading a cached page? Because I'm down across the board on all of the sites you mentioned.
skatermike21
Gibsonton, FL

skatermike21

Most definitely not. I'm chatting with a friend on Facebook in spring hill also on bright house who is experiencing the same problems.

Bacail
Deland, FL

Bacail to KoshiirRa

to KoshiirRa
There have been some DDoS attacks going on the past few days, may have something to do with it. Or someone just cut a fiber line while digging. Either way.....poo

KoshiirRa
Lake Placid, NY

KoshiirRa

A single cut fiber line wouldn't shut down the ISP nationwide, I just got the first report that there might be a DDoS going on against Time Warner. The ability to saturate an ISP's entire network nationwide is unprecedented, but certainly within the realm of plausibility.

I emphasize this is only a theory right now, and will update if/when I get more info.
foxywingchic
join:2014-08-27
Clearwater, FL

foxywingchic to billd104

to billd104
Is it sick that I am pleased as punch that Bay News 9 is down too?

In Pinellas County, I cannot get anywhere with Bright House, I'm on AT&T LTE and eternal hold with Bright House. Who want me to unplug and plug back in my router. Naturally.

Bacail
Deland, FL

Bacail to KoshiirRa

to KoshiirRa
Yeah, I know. was just hopeing it was something "simple" the DDoS attacks over the past few days have been nasty ones. brought Blizzard to its knees for a day, along with Sony and others, including Twitch. Was just hoping that particular spray nozzle wasnt pointed this way

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to Michael_D

Premium Member

to Michael_D
»www.businessinsider.com/ ··· n=buffer
gigahurtz

gigahurtz to foxywingchic

Premium Member

to foxywingchic
said by foxywingchic:

Is it sick that I am pleased as punch that Bay News 9 is down too?

In Pinellas County, I cannot get anywhere with Bright House, I'm on AT&T LTE and eternal hold with Bright House. Who want me to unplug and plug back in my router. Naturally.

It seems the answer to everything is unplug and plug back in. The 6 tuner DVR thread is filled with issues and that's the only fix, not a software fix to make the software more stable.
skatermike21
Gibsonton, FL

skatermike21 to Michael_D

to Michael_D
I'm back online here. Google, dslreports, etc loading up now. Even brighthouse site is loading as well.
jkb246
join:2000-03-18
Carmel, IN

jkb246 to Michael_D

to Michael_D
Down in Indy before I left house

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU to Michael_D

Premium Member

to Michael_D
Back but speeds are slow...only getting 40MBS on Lightening 90!

Bacail
Deland, FL

Bacail to Michael_D

to Michael_D
Back on here as well, Deland, FL. Spooky

Heh, at least my Router got a firmware update it needed while i was trying to diagnose the issue. At least i got that going for me
DougHo
join:2012-05-21
Orlando, FL

DougHo

Back in Orlando after couple hours trouble, Lightning 40 speed fine. Earlier could not browse web past bhntampa. And would only get busy signal when trying to call customer service.
foxywingchic
join:2014-08-27
Clearwater, FL

foxywingchic to Michael_D

to Michael_D
Back up here. Things are rather sketchy but there is a network.

Oh yeah, and tech support answered as soon as I got connection. She had just started her shift and I really hope she doesn't have a no good, awful, horrible day. That poor, poor girl.

SparkyinCFL

MVM
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL

MVM

back to regularly scheduled programming ... all is well
now, where was I?

bryans
@67.8.96.x

bryans to Bacail

Anon

to Bacail
Thought it was DNS, tried multiple servers. At 5-6am, I could reach many sites but not google. Thought they were blocking chromecast. Then by 7am it was back. Really glad this was posted here.

KoshiirRa
Lake Placid, NY

KoshiirRa to foxywingchic

to foxywingchic
Yeah, I feel sorry for their support staff today. Everything is starting to come back up here, and now I'm gonna have to spend the rest of my day explaining to my 9 bosses why I'm going to have to either shut down their computers in the middle of the day to run server updates or why I'm going to have to come in at 0400 again tomorrow (today was supposed to be my server maintenance morning).

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim to Michael_D

to Michael_D
Yes I been sitting here from about 2:30 AM - 4:00 AM Pacific trying everything to get online. The only way to get on the internet is if configured my router and connected to my VPN subscription service using L2TP method lol strange. I'm glad everything is working now knock on wood.