spc
uniqs

KoshiirRa
join:2011-02-16
Lake Placid, NY

KoshiirRa to skatermike21

to skatermike21

Re: [Internet] Major Internet outage

I talked to Time Warner business fiber support about 20 minutes ago and got confirmation that there's a nationwide outage. Bright House might still be using the Time Warner network, and that could explain the outage.

Bacail
join:2010-11-01
Deland, FL

Bacail

There have been some DDoS attacks going on the past few days, may have something to do with it. Or someone just cut a fiber line while digging. Either way.....poo

KoshiirRa
join:2011-02-16
Lake Placid, NY

KoshiirRa

A single cut fiber line wouldn't shut down the ISP nationwide, I just got the first report that there might be a DDoS going on against Time Warner. The ability to saturate an ISP's entire network nationwide is unprecedented, but certainly within the realm of plausibility.

I emphasize this is only a theory right now, and will update if/when I get more info.

Bacail
join:2010-11-01
Deland, FL

Bacail

Yeah, I know. was just hopeing it was something "simple" the DDoS attacks over the past few days have been nasty ones. brought Blizzard to its knees for a day, along with Sony and others, including Twitch. Was just hoping that particular spray nozzle wasnt pointed this way