uniqs
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

[Equipment] HT701 Dial Plan Questions

2 questions about the dial plan for the HT701.

First, does anyone know the difference between '.' and '+' in the dial play for an HT701. The manual states the following:

xx+ - at least 2 digits number;
xx. – at least 2 digit number.

This seems to imply that they are the same thing, which would not make much sense. My first guess would be that '+' means 1 or more of the previous pattern and '.' would mean 0 or more of the previous pattern.

Second, does anyone know the maximum length allowed for the dial plan?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Sure is confusing, agree.

Does this help it any (from another Grandstream family device):

a) xx+ [at least 2 digit numbers]
b) xx. [only 2 digit numbers]

»www.mehrdust.com/archive ··· fig-tips
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

That would make sense, except for one thing. I have a "*xx." in my dial plan as the only allowed pattern beginning with an asterisk. With this dial plan, I can dial *7501 as a Callcentric speed dial.

Here is my complete dial plan.

{ [49]11 | *xx. | <=1314>[2-9]xxxxxx | <=1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx | 1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx | ^1900x. }
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Perhaps:

[ xx. ] is good
[ xxx. ] is not good

[ xx+ ] is good
[ xxx+ ] is good

I don't know otherwise....

Of course CC for this phone just suggests this plan (brackets included):
{[x*]+}
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

I know that in general for regular expressions, a '+' means match the previous pattern 1 or more times. Also, usually an '*' means match the previous pattern 0 or more times.

Also, from a Cisco manual, a '.' means match the previous pattern 0 or more times. Since an '*' has special meaning in a dial plan, I am thinking that they just replaced the '*' with a '.' in standard regular expressions.

If I get bored some time, I will test my theory. Thanks for the help.
CatsEyeX

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Okay, so my original guess was correct. A '+' means 1 or more of the previous pattern and a '.' means 0 or more of the previous pattern.

So I have made progress. But now I have come to realize that I can not implement both 7 and 10 digit dialing with the HT701. I can have one or the other, but not both at the same time.

I think that the 'SO' command at the end of a dial plan pattern like Cisco supports would allow this. But as far as I know, the Grandstream does not support anything similar. When I try to implement both 7 and 10 digit dialing, 10 digit dialing fails because the 7 digit dialing substitution also gets applied.

Anybody know of anyway to do this with the HT701? Does anybody know if the 'SO' command on the Cisco boxes will allow this as I hope?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

The S0 syntax does not work on Grandstream Handytone.

-----

This fellow claims to have solved the 7/10 dialing problem.
»forums.grandstream.com/f ··· msg22598
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

OMG! Thank you very much for the link. That worked. Interestingly enough, the order of the fields for the 7 and 10 digit dialing is significant. The field for 10 digit dial has to come before the one for 7 digit dialing.

Thanks again, you made my day.