Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman to machpost

Premium Member

to machpost

Re: [TiVo] TiVo Premiere Summer Update

So we have had a small push to the schedule, we will be upgrading the D.C. market as of right now week of Sept 30, This release will include code to support Android Streaming and a lovely new feature that will allow you to set up a season pass OUTside of the 14 day program data

Also Three Column My Shows which I find very useful.. I'm looking forward to pushing this code out to everyone

The T6 / Roamio UI will also be back ported to all legacy models... We have seen a very nice performance increase on running the new UI on legacy premiere models.

Jason Nealis
rcnman

rcnman

Premium Member

Should note, that we expect the new Andriod App to hit right before we start updating the RCN-TiVo's to 3.1

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

When do you expect that to be? Everyone is trying to figure out when the Android update ( We're all expecting an update to the Stream as well as iOS and Android apps) is going to be.
tivoNYC
join:2013-11-07
New York, NY

tivoNYC

Above Jason says they expect the new Android app to hit right before the RCN-TiVo update which is the week of Sept 30th for the D.C.

And since Jason put a SMILEY about when to expect the new Andropid app. my money is on TiVo to release it on Monday Sept 29th.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

That's too long though, can you tell them to make it sooner please? I know TiVo is already starting early signups for the 20.4.4 update.
tivoNYC
join:2013-11-07
New York, NY

tivoNYC

The release is coming at the end of the month. "We've opened up the priority list for our 20.4.4 release coming later this month."

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

1 edit

Mike Wolf

Questions customers ask me: When is the Stream getting the update? Will the Android and iOS apps get updated too? Will HAXE or MPEG-DASH be implemented? Will the mobile apps get updated to use the same color scheme as the Roamio and Premiere uses post 20.4.2 update? When will the proxy server used for OOH streaming be gotten rid of in favor of port forwarding for better streaming quality?

machpost
join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC

machpost to rcnman

to rcnman
Is this still on for next week? I got a look at the updated interface on a friend's Premiere recently and it's nice!

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

Yes we are still set, final go / no go will be decided on Monday but I'm 95% sure we are rolling D.C. Tuesday night

DFoley
@209.150.34.x

DFoley

Anon

Do you have a schedule for an NYC rollout?