how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

whatsaguy2do

@172.9.186.x

Adding pages/products to website by the batch

Hey Guys,

So I'm here at work, boss is stubborn about me putting together a website for him in the littlest time possible. He's a frugal guy and doesn't want to hire a professional website developer or pay i.e. Web.com to build him a website because he can't justify paying a fixed monthly fee to have a hosting company maintain his website.

I was putting one together for him using WordPress and utilizing the awesome, simple, and free plug-ins for Shopping Cart capabilities (WooCommerce is doing the job just fine) but he's driving me insane telling me I'm wasting time adding 1 product at a time. He's convinced he can pay around $300 for a "professional program" he calls it, where we can take an exported excel document out of QuickBooks with our 1,500 products we carry (excel document with Part #, Description, Price, and expects me to be able to attach a picture to a cell???) and simply upload it with this "special program"...all with shopping cart and all. He talks about how it's something he saw in an access class at a JR college 20+ years ago...

Anyone aware of something remotely close to this? I need him to stop busting my chops already. Maybe a wordpress plug-in?

Toad

join:2001-07-22
Bradford, ON
kudos:1

whatsaguy2do

@172.9.186.x
Thanks Toad. Looks to be it.

whatsaguy2do

@172.9.186.x
reply to Toad
I successfully uploaded new items with custom fields and it works great, BUT is there a similar plug-in that allows me to upload images from my local computer in similar CSV Upload fashion? The thought of having to upload 1,000+ images AND assign them to each item doesn't sound too fun.

Thanks.

Toad

join:2001-07-22
Bradford, ON
kudos:1
Never used it myself but the page says you can import a photo gallery. Have you tried that functionality?
--
»www.toddsplace.ca