spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee

how accurate is "abbtainable rate"

so i just got my 25/10 service installed today, and when I signed up it said the most I could get is 25/10 in my area. But when I check my modem stats:

»puu.sh/bbBgP/3f52092c24.png

It says that I can get 63MBps down? Is it possible to get 50/10 in my house?

ALSO a quick question! Can I use my ASUS N66U with the Smart RG modem? If so how? I plugged it in but it didn't seem to work. Do I just disable the "router" mode on the smart rg then it would work with my router?

Oh yeah how is my noise levels, & other stats look to you guys?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Your stats are very good, you should be able to support 50/10. Bell's qualification database is sometimes wrong, maybe you can ask Start support to have Bell doublecheck.

As for using it with your router, it's definitely possible. You need to set it to Bridge mode. Here's how.

Advanced Setup > WAN Service

(Remove the PPPoE interface, then ...)

[Add]

"Wan Service Interface Configuration"
Select ptm0/(0_1_1)
[Next]

"WAN Service Configuration"
Select WAN service type: Bridging
Enter 802.1P Priority ...... [1]
Enter 802.1Q, VLAN ID ... [35]
[Next]

[Save/Apply]

After that you need to configure your Asus router WAN port to PPPoE and enter your Start.ca provided login credentials. Also don't use port 1 on the SmartRG, they sometimes have issues with certain devices. Just plug an ethernet cable into port 2-4 then hook up to your Asus router WAN port.
mikee
Gloucester, ON

mikee

Okay, just finished setting up the router and modem, thanks hivolt! Router is working:)

Now just to ask start to see if its possible to get 50/10 ~

Thanks for the help!
mikee

mikee

just got a reply from start:

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information the 25/10 FTTN is what you qualify for the Bell Portal is correct and up to date. As for you getting higher speeds that may certainly happen but unfortunately the 25/10 is what is available.

If you have any other question please let us know.

Start Sam
join:2014-01-21
London, ON

Start Sam

Can you PM me your account # please, and I'll take a look. Can't promise I can do any better but I'll investigate.
mikee
Gloucester, ON

mikee

Yep, cool sam, thanks. Sent you a pm.