spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tyrant_
Wannabe Billionaire
join:2013-07-07

tyrant_

Eh the ISPs and I can agree..

I may be liberal, but screw the poor. If you're homeless I feel your burden, cause most jobs wont accept you. However poor people that can pay for Comcast have a chance to get a life. They have a roof over their heads, and a slight bit of chunk change. Go to McDonald's, flip some burgers for a college fund, once you got enough go to a cheap college get a degree and finally have a life you failures.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

A lot of people are homeless because of alcohol/substance abuse so there are many issues that they need to address before they can even start looking for a job. And half of the sex offenders here have the local homeless shelter as their residence on the sex offender registry so many of them did it through their own fault.

I have two different views on the poor, those who are poor through no fault of their own (job loss due to layoff/plant closing, recession, disability, illness) and those who are at fault for their situation (substance abuse, criminal history, job loss due to performance/conduct).

Robert Bohan
@65.30.210.x

Robert Bohan

Anon

How did you forget Mental Illness? Of course it's one of American societies biggest problems that's continually hidden and swept under the rug, so that makes sense.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

said by Robert Bohan :

How did you forget Mental Illness? Of course it's one of American societies biggest problems that's continually hidden and swept under the rug, so that makes sense.

At least here in Massachusetts we have a mental health coverage law where an employer's health plan/private health insurance HAS to cover mental health like any other illness.