Search similar:

uniqs
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

ispalten

BHTV closed caption always on?

Subject says it all?

Doesn't matter what the setting is either?

What changed (on iPad)?

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

Did you install the recent app update? Sounds like a glitch. Try deleting the app, restarting your device and reinstalling and see if issue continues.
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

said by gigahurtz:

Did you install the recent app update? Sounds like a glitch. Try deleting the app, restarting your device and reinstalling and see if issue continues.

I have Updates installed automatically, it came in 2 days ago. I too suspect it was with that update.

I didn't bother deleting and getting the app again, but I did shutdown and restart the iPad, no help.

Do you have the same thing happening or are you just suggesting things to try? I'm surprised no one else has reported this?

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by ispalten:

said by gigahurtz:

I have Updates installed automatically, it came in 2 days ago. I too suspect it was with that update.

I didn't bother deleting and getting the app again, but I did shutdown and restart the iPad, no help.

Do you have the same thing happening or are you just suggesting things to try? I'm surprised no one else has reported this?

I tested on both iPad and iPhone and I did not experience that same issue. I would definitely suggest removing the app and reinstalling though. It sounds like something got wacky with the recent update.
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

said by gigahurtz:

I tested on both iPad and iPhone and I did not experience that same issue. I would definitely suggest removing the app and reinstalling though. It sounds like something got wacky with the recent update.

OK, just did that. Still happening, on every channel? Deleting it states all data would be removed?

From the iTunes store it says it was updated on 9/26. Did you update?

OK, this is REALLY odd? I have the iPad3, my wife has the iPad2. Both iPad's were updated on 9/26. HOWEVER, my wife's iPad2 works normally. My iPad3 has the Closed Caption ON on every channel?

I guess Gary is 'off' so I'm going to try calling it in.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

I did update to the latest version and I am not experiencing the issue on either iPad Air or iPad Mini. I would definitely call in, chat or reach out to the Twitter people. They should be able to square you away, it's probably something silly.
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

Click for full size
This is what I'm seeing. On all channels...

I'm on the phone but getting bounced around between TV and Internet, doesn't seem to be a specific area that is responsible for the application on the mobile devices? On my 3rd hold and transfer now...

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

This apparently isn't the first time this has happened with the BHTV app:

»Can't turn off captioning in BHTV app on iPad
gigahurtz

gigahurtz to ispalten

Premium Member

to ispalten
Try this:

1. Delete the app.

2. Hold the HOME button and SLEEP/WAKE button down until the Apple logo comes up for hard reboot.

3. Once rebooted, reinstall the app again.

Let me know how this turns out.

SparkyinCFL

MVM
join:2008-12-21
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL to ispalten

MVM

to ispalten
Irv, may be a crazy idea, but I'll throw it out ... notice you have bluetooth on ... do you by chance use bluetooth headset? Maybe turning bluetooth off then back on will reset a "dungled dangle"? I'm not sure what that other icon to the left of the bluetooth is ... my Ipad is an older version.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by SparkyinCFL:

Irv, may be a crazy idea, but I'll throw it out ... notice you have bluetooth on ... do you by chance use bluetooth headset? Maybe turning bluetooth off then back on will reset a "dungled dangle"? I'm not sure what that other icon to the left of the bluetooth is ... my Ipad is an older version.

Great observation. The other icon is the location services icon.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ispalten

Premium Member

to ispalten
said by ispalten:

Subject says it all?

What changed (on iPad)?

Irv looking into it... so far you are the only report I have of this...
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by ispalten:

Subject says it all?

What changed (on iPad)?

Good morning Gary, I thought you were off

I called, no other reports either, they are sending it to the "Event Team" so they can track trends????

iPad2 is OK. Suspect this is an iPad problem with only Retina displays, iPad3 and 4 and iPad Mini's. The iPad2 works fine?
ispalten

ispalten to SparkyinCFL

to SparkyinCFL
said by SparkyinCFL:

Irv, may be a crazy idea, but I'll throw it out ... notice you have bluetooth on ... do you by chance use bluetooth headset?

Yes, use it in the bedroom or by our development pool where personal sound devices can't be used unless headphones are used.

I turned it of, no difference...

Does anyone else have an iPad3 and checked with the latest update?
ispalten

ispalten to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

This apparently isn't the first time this has happened with the BHTV app:

»Can't turn off captioning in BHTV app on iPad

I didn't make any settings changes that I know of... and with 388 applications I don't relish doing a full reset.

Wonder what specific setting could be the culprit?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ispalten

Premium Member

to ispalten
said by ispalten:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by ispalten:

Subject says it all?

What changed (on iPad)?

Good morning Gary, I thought you were off

I called, no other reports either, they are sending it to the "Event Team" so they can track trends????

iPad2 is OK. Suspect this is an iPad problem with only Retina displays, iPad3 and 4 and iPad Mini's. The iPad2 works fine?

I've already done better than that Irv...I will get with you individually when I need additional information.
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

Try this:

1. Delete the app.

2. Hold the HOME button and SLEEP/WAKE button down until the Apple logo comes up for hard reboot.

3. Once rebooted, reinstall the app again.

Let me know how this turns out.

Did this, problem persists.
ispalten

ispalten to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

I've already done better than that Irv...I will get with you individually when I need additional information.

Thanks Gary. The other thread Gigahurtz referenced said it was fixed resetting the iPad. I'm looking at ALL now, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I didn't recall making ANY changes though? If any it would have been in a notification center, I'll get an annoying pop-up randomly from some hardly used app and turn that app off. But I don't recall making ANY changes.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ispalten

Premium Member

to ispalten
Just keep in mind you are seeing this on one device right? Your other ipads work fine....no other known complaints that we are aware of...this is most likely your Ipad configuration specific.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz to ispalten

Premium Member

to ispalten
Have you checked under settings general accessibility and made sure closed captioning was off there as well?
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

said by gigahurtz:

Have you checked under settings general accessibility and made sure closed captioning was off there as well?

Yes, off...
ispalten

ispalten to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Just keep in mind you are seeing this on one device right? Your other ipads work fine....no other known complaints that we are aware of...this is most likely your Ipad configuration specific.

Yes, only the iPad3.

Prior version worked OK...

twalls
join:2014-06-11
Tampa, FL
ARRIS SB8200
eero Wi-Fi System

twalls to ispalten

to ispalten
Been awhile since I've messed with an iPad, but I don't think these questions have been asked yet. Forgive me if they no longer do these things in iOS.

- Is the volume turned all the way down? It may auto trigger subtitles if it knows you can't hear things.

- On a similar line of thought, is the switch on the side set to mute the sound instead of lock the screen rotation?

It seems like subtitles coming on even though they're not enabled is common in other apps as well like Plex and TiVo. Best of luck, Irv!
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
OK, if YOU fixed it Gary, a big THANK YOU.

If you didn't, then I don't know WHO did? It is NOT happening NOW.

Just to be PERFECTLY clear, as far as I know I did NOTHING to the iPad3. I did turn it on to try TWALLS last suggestion about the speaker volume. I know it was on as I heard the iPad when I took the above screenshot. I was surprised it was working without the CC so I tried turning off the speaker and it didn't turn on the CC.

Something changed, I just don't know what or by who?

I'm happy again, for the moment at least

SparkyinCFL

MVM
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL

MVM

I often attribute these things to the passing thunderstorm, which usually occurs each afternoon ... which makes it handy to explain the unexplained. LOL
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

Click for full size
said by SparkyinCFL:

I often attribute these things to the passing thunderstorm, which usually occurs each afternoon ... which makes it handy to explain the unexplained. LOL

LOL, but in this case I think I know what did it! See screen capture of today's 'updates'

Looks like Gary got to the right people who could recreate it and fix it, YAY!!!

SparkyinCFL

MVM
Saint Cloud, FL

SparkyinCFL

MVM

Excellent!

gigahurtz
Premium Member
USA

gigahurtz to ispalten

Premium Member

to ispalten
That update says 8/26. Gary had nothing to do with it.
There have not been any new updates to the app. There was some sort of glitch going on with your iPad.
ispalten
Clermont, FL

ispalten

said by gigahurtz:

That update says 8/26. Gary had nothing to do with it.
There have not been any new updates to the app. There was some sort of glitch going on with your iPad.

Giga, look at the screen capture again please.

Prior to today it was updated on 8/26 and installed on that date. Today the anomaly disappeared. Look at the UPDATE date, 8/29, today. This is the list of updates, NOT installed.

Somebody fixed it and released it today without changing anything.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ispalten

Premium Member

to ispalten
said by ispalten:

said by SparkyinCFL:

LOL, but in this case I think I know what did it! See screen capture of today's 'updates'

Looks like Gary got to the right people who could recreate it and fix it, YAY!!!

Irv I have not received confirmation back yet so premature on what was done. I will find out on Tuesday....