how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

VERAISON

join:2014-08-28
USA

what is up with Verizon?

i recently encountered no connectivity, i live in Downey, CA, i called Verizon tech support and was told that a US based escalation group is going to call me back in 24- 48 hrs. But it took 8 days before somebody called me back and he corrected the issue in less than 5 minutes. I asked why it took so long and he answered they are very undermanned and itll only get worse, my question is why cant they just give these India based tech support more access to correct our issues, if Verizon is not going to hire more people here in the USA then give there front line people more access. It's just frustrating to wait this long, i think they just want these customers to quit their dsl, i heard they are not making money off dsl customers and they just want us to quit.Last time i had a problem i got a call back in less than a day, grrrrrrrr.

ramsaso

join:2014-01-04
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

1 recommendation

If you want to, you can see if you can get DSLExtreme, which is a reseller of Verizon DSL service and hopefully you can get thru with them.

You know, every time when someone mentions that Verizon isn't doing enough for wireline customers, I think of the CEO smoking cigars in his imaginary 3 story house with lots of butlers at his aid (NOTE: The butlers only serve the CEO just so they can get discounts on their bill.)

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40

1 recommendation

reply to VERAISON
To give the India support more access will require a lot more training, good luck with that.

If you go with a reseller like DSLExtreme, be aware that while things may at first appear to be better, if you have a problem the blame game often goes back and forth between the reseller and Verizon. I warned one guy about it and a couple months later he admitted I was right.
--
RIP my babies Buttons 1/15/94-2/9/07, Beamer 7/24/08, & Bows 12/17/94-10/11/09

VERAISON

USA
i guess im SOL, another forum mentioned to me that there was a California based escalation group but its been closed and east coast escalation group has been taking over and they have no clue how to take care of california customers, i will cancel my dsl as soon as i experience another issue, i will not waste my time calling verizon tech support.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium,VIP
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA
kudos:40
reply to VERAISON
If you want, I can see if there is anything I can do, just explain to me the whole story and private message me your DSL phone number. I'll check it out on Tues

VERAISON

USA
reply to VERAISON
Thanks for the offer Tim, my dsl works fine now but my concern now that they closed the california group is, how are we going to get timely resolution when our dsl goes down ?, i can not let my last bad experience happen to me again, waiting 8 days to get resolution is very unacceptable. I'm not sure why verizon is torturing california dsl customers.

Rhonda912

join:2010-06-26

2 edits

3 recommendations

said by VERAISON:

I'm not sure why verizon is torturing california dsl customers.

The top brass at Verizon would like to get rid of all dsl customers, not just the ones in California. I'm in California like you. A few miles away from me, people have FIOS and it's been that way for years. My only other alternative is TWC and I had them before and I dislike them intensely (I use them for tv as there is no alternative). I keep a landline and whenever I have problems with noise on my line, I call the phone side.

A few years ago, I had trouble with my line and I called the dsl side (the people at Verizon Direct helped me with this). The tech told me I had problems with my inside wiring even though my house was less than ten years old at the time. I had noise on my line and my connection was "optimized" down to a ridiculously low speed. After some consultation with Smith6612 on this forum (after being optimized several times), I found that if I shut off my modem at night, the optimizer had less of a chance to kick in. I monitored my connection and checked for noise and if anything spiked, I shut down my modem and restarted it a while later. This worked for a long time.

One day, my phone and dsl went out. I called the phone side. The phone service guy came in and went to work at the junction (a green box where all the underground phone cables were) in front of my neighbor's lawn. The phone service guy told me that water had collected there and it was causing all sorts of problems. He removed the water and my landline cleared up and all the noise was gone on my dsl. So much for the conclusion I had an inside wiring problem.

Because of the drought and water restrictions, I'm not so much worried about that junction being overrun with water, currently. Still, I wish I had Tim to help me out instead of the original dsl tech I got so I would know where the problem actually was in the beginning.

VERAISON

USA
reply to VERAISON
Wow, i lost connection 3 days ago and was told that issue is beyond their ability to resolve, I was diverted to Presidential Appeals and was told that there's nobody in the Eastcoast personnel knows how to resolve this circuit issue, they escalated it to an Outage group but they admit this is going to take at least another week to get resolve because there's hundreds of tickets in that Queue, i threatened to cancel my account and got transferred to Retention Group, they offered me free month to stay and i said no and that's it, they didn't seem to care if i cancel my dsl, so now i dont have dsl anymore but you know what i feel relieved to be honest, I'm going with Charter internet starting next week, i feel bad for california Verizon dsl customers.