spc
Search similar:

uniqs

HouseHelp
@74.64.23.x

HouseHelp

Anon

Surveillance cameras around house

Looking to install Surveillance cameras around my house, is there reputable companies that do this or do you buys random items online? if so what do you guys recommend. Looking for easy to use cameras on front, back, side of house with a recorder inside house
user4572
Premium Member
join:2009-05-05
Cleveland, OH

user4572

Premium Member

I'm still setting up AND using Ubiquiti UniFi Video cameras. I have 3 already setup. I am 3 more ready to be setup and I'm going to be ordering around 9 more for my house. Easy to use and setup.
Expand your moderator at work

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to HouseHelp

Premium Member

to HouseHelp

Re: Surveillance cameras around house

Costco sells a pretty decent Samsung kit with 10 cameras, DVR, and remote access via iOS, Android, and browser. Its designed to be a DIY install if you don't mind running cables in the wall. You could probably find someone to install it if not.

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

1 recommendation

Bamafan2277 to HouseHelp

Premium Member

to HouseHelp
I purchased several IP camera's from Amazon for around $50 each for indoors and am getting ready to get one for outdoors that uses wireless. The only wire I have to run is for the power cords. Then I purchased the Blue Iris monitoring software for $40. This allows me to monitor all cameras and have them set to record on motion and I have my google drive backing up the folder where the videos are stored. That way if my home gets broken into the video will be uploaded to the web.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

2 recommendations

quitaccount to HouseHelp

Premium Member

to HouseHelp
I have a digimerge 8 channel DVR with 5 lorex cameras and one monoprice camera. it has sent 2 people to jail and logged numerous bears walking through my yard.

the resolution is decent on the cameras, but I am going to upgrade the DVR to a 960H resolution 16 channel unit when funds permit because I want to be able to log license plates also

my setup is analog/wired. I have 2 on the back crossing over each other to capture the whole yard, 2 crossing on the front, 1 watching the back door below the deck, and one dedicated to the driveway. there is some redundancy, but more coverage is better in my book......