Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA

shdesigns to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_

Re: The '88 mustang saga.

I hope he has done a mass airflow mod. The '88's computer does not take to changes very well.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

his is a '89

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA

shdesigns

Premium Member

I didn't think they add mass airflow until '91.

Mentat
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Houston, TX

Mentat

Premium Member

86-88 was speed density.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

2 edits

rody_44 to shdesigns

Premium Member

to shdesigns

Mustang cats a resinators dont even belong in the same topic. Anyhow, heres a 88 mustang. FWIW 798 HP with a c4 automatic. Well its not a real automatic But for the purpose of HP you know what i mean. My son built the car.
rody_44

3 edits

rody_44 to shdesigns

Premium Member

to shdesigns

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be

Heres a utube video of it at wildwood NJ car show. Yea he got a nice ticket for that. 200 bucks. If he is serious about going real power he is going to want to find some local mustang guys for suggestions. Lots of local guys in all areas of the country to guide him on his way when it comes to mustangs. This video was with the old 308 engine. Its since been changed over to a 347 ford racing block and rebuilt. He wasnt satisfied with the 600 horse he was getting out of the 308. With the 347 he still has room to move up and still has a daily driver.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to shdesigns

Premium Member

to shdesigns
it has mass air flow sensor as well as CEL

bmilone2
join:2001-01-26
Mays Landing, NJ

bmilone2 to shdesigns

to shdesigns
Click for full size
Here was my 1988 5.0 Mustang in 2008 and then in 2009 after it was hit.

Broke my heart to lose her after owning for 21 years
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44

Premium Member

I can see why it broke your heart. That looks to be one fine base starter rod. The only thing its missing is black interior. Might want to make your way this weekend to wildwood. Going to be one killer of a car show. Stay around for the exit off the boardwalk. While it cost everyone 200 dollars they give a pretty good show with burnouts. Look for the red one i pictured and ask him to fire it up. 4 inch exhaust sounds awesome in real life with a 800 hp 347 stroker block from ford racing. Of course its not now but next weekend. Plenty of time to plan. Its a 9 second mustang.