Search similar:

uniqs

YBoris
join:2001-06-01
Old Bridge, NJ

1 edit

YBoris

[Need Info] jpg previews on mouse hover in Windows 7

There is software that I found that shows previews of images when you hover your mouse over them, but:

(1) Instant ThumbView »www.contextmagic.com/ins ··· -viewer/ doesn't seem to work on my Windows 7
(2) QTTabBar »qttabbar.sourceforge.net/ works great but has extra features I don't care for
(3) QTTabBar »qttabbar.wikidot.com/qttabbar looks like a more up-to-date, open source branch of QTTabBar

Does anyone know of any other alternatives to the three?
Any suggestions between picking (2) or (3) for use?

Thank you

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

»free.firmtools.com/shell ··· tension/

an oldie but still works well on my W7.

YBoris
Old Bridge, NJ

YBoris

Thank you ZZZZZZZ!

I uninstalled (2) and installed (3) and it's so much better!

I think I'll just stay with (3) »qttabbar.wikidot.com/qttabbar

Works great for my purposes. Hope others who can benefit from this software give it a try

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
join:2002-05-29
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle

Premium Member

Maybe I'm missing something; when first reading your inquiry, two programs immediately came to mind: Hover Zoom and Thumbnail Zoom, both I've tried and use on Windows 7 as well as Mac OS X.

And unless I've persisted in misunderstanding your query, having visited »qttabbar.wikidot.com/qttabbar I'm at a loos as to how this Explorer add-on can provide you with image previews by hovering a cursor.

YBoris
Old Bridge, NJ

YBoris

Thank you for the response sfogliatelle. The two you recommend are add-ons for browsers while I wanted the preview to be in windows explorer. Sorry I should have been more careful with words in my request.

QTTabBar has many features, one of which is preview of image files on mouse hover. Though that's the only feature I wanted, ironically I'm liking some of the other features, so I'm keeping QTTabBar and my problem is solved