spc
Search similar:

uniqs
stormy13
join:2003-10-28
Pickering, ON
Asus RT-AC66U B1

stormy13

Rogers usage monitoring BS filtering over to TSI?

Just got an email that I was at 75% of my 300 GB. Too bad that 95 GB of that happened in the last 2 days,

TSI Phil
TSI PhilR
Premium Member
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON

TSI Phil

Premium Member

Hey Stormy13 are you able to access router/modem logs showing your network side usage?
That's a heck of a spike! We'll dig in and see what we can find
stormy13
Pickering, ON
Asus RT-AC66U B1

stormy13

Unfortunately the router stats aren't of much help, as last night my cat and dog decided to play under my desk and managed to trip the power bar and reset everything (router only shows about 3.5 GB as a result).

If this is any indication,

»[Internet] Fight with Rogers over Internet usage

it seems like it could be an ongoing problem on Rogers end.

TSI Phil
TSI PhilR
Premium Member
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON

TSI Phil

Premium Member

would you mind making a post in the direct forum with some account details so we can check it out from our side of the tracking?
stormy13
Pickering, ON

stormy13

Done.
alpovs
join:2009-08-08

alpovs to stormy13

to stormy13
The same as in Rogers cases only 0.63 GB of upload does not seem to be possible with 60.54 GB download.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to stormy13

to stormy13
Click for full size
Interesting, I took a look at my logs(damn power outage and I've only got logs from the 28th), but it appears that they can be as late as three days in reporting actual usage. I guess I'll have to see if there's any other weird blips now. An example: Grabbed 27GB of data on the 27th, reported that it was on the 28th.
Datalink
Premium Member
join:2014-08-11
Ottawa ON

Datalink to TSI Phil

Premium Member

to TSI Phil
TSI PhilR, if you can shed any light on this, I guarantee that there will be many people interested in your findings. This is an ongoing problem for many Rogers customers. Its definitely a problem looking for a solution.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to stormy13

to stormy13
Why are people trying to link this to Rogers? Unless I'm mistaken, TSI's usage monitoring, like that of any IISP, is not linked whatsoever to the incumbent network used for delivery.

Not that I'm saying there may an issue but if there is, highly unlikely to have any relation to another ISP.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

The measurment is done at the CMTS as far as I recall.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

The mapping of MAC to IP is done there.. We measure the usage based on those mappings. Unless those are wrong, whatever is going on at Rogers should be unrelated to us.
cturkowski
join:2014-07-26

cturkowski to stormy13

to stormy13
I had a similar problem where my usage seemed ridiculously high and my Tomato router recorded my usage for the same month/days as being much lower in some cases back in June (Teksavvy recorded me over the cap, my router had me safely under the cap). This month too... so far Teksavvy is saying my usage is a whopping 30GB higher than my router.

I initially contacted TekSavvy via the direct forum over a month ago, and it's now slowly approaching 30 days since there was any activity in that thread... Still haven't gotten any explanation why TekSavvy's system was so much higher.

TSI JoeC
Premium Member
join:2013-07-29
Chatham, ON

TSI JoeC

Premium Member

Hi there!

Sorry about this late reply, but I'll be updating your other thread in our direct forum in regards to the test results.

Thank you!

Regards,
TSI Joe-C

v6movement
@206.51.28.x

v6movement to TypeS

Anon

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

Why are people trying to link this to Rogers? Unless I'm mistaken, TSI's usage monitoring, like that of any IISP, is not linked whatsoever to the incumbent network used for delivery.

Not that I'm saying there may an issue but if there is, highly unlikely to have any relation to another ISP.

There seems to be an inability to read and understand what he said.

"Rogers usage monitoring BS filtering over to TSI?"

Meaning the same sort of shenanigans Rogers has been shown to exhibit coming over to TSI.