share rss forum feed

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Metrocast Commun..

Metrocast usage meter crap?

should I even worry about usage at all? The meter does not reset at the end of the month and shows a 250GB limit when I have Ultra which is 350GB. Seems useless to me.
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

avolation

join:2012-07-28
Maben, MS
I honestly wouldn't worry about it at all.

It list the cap at 250gb for the both of us.

It's WILDLY wrong. I use between 400-700gb a month. It records as little as 100gb some months, sometimes as high as 200gb. The last 3 months however it hasn't reset and is showing »i.imgur.com/bl5H2kk.png (keep in mind this is for 3 months with no reset to zero) while my PC alone is at »i.imgur.com/aprfk2w.png (this does not count local LAN traffic) for the month. This also doesn't include the wifes/kids/and the tv that streams atleast 3 hours a day in HD.

So no, I wouldn't worry about it at all. You might get a warning if you do a TB or two. But I can honestly tell you I go over the 350gb softcap monthly and they've never said a word.

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
good to know...thanks!

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT
reply to Jim_in_VA
Mine does reset and it says I have 250 as well while I have the ultra package. In any case I would just take it as a ball park and if there is a problem i am sure MC will let you know long before they would cut you off. If avolation is doing 400-700 gigs a month with no notices then I would not worry at all.

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
thanks Bill ..I aint going to worry about it
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/