spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mosk
@172.218.107.x

Mosk

Anon

Reduced

Our capacity to the Xbox has now been reduced to 256 kbps. Telus you are pathetic. I am sure if you could plaster ads all over the game screen the connection would be just fine, but you can't so there is no perceived monetary benefit for your company.Telus you are as short sighted as you are unethical.

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

1 edit

1 recommendation

humanfilth

Wonderful News! Microsoft doesn't have to push their server capacity so hard. Shaw will be getting tons of new customers.

Xbox update that has been pushed for September is wrecking some Xbox speeds and video playback for those who noticed Xbox quality drop on them.
A super great patch as usual. Test it out first on the people who have auto-update enabled. Have you heard about all the Windows machines that went into a boot loop on patch Tuesday in August?

Edit:
HTML5 speed test, but Xbox goes through Microsoft servers to get to it with the 'Internet Explorer light version' in Xbox.
»speedof.me/ Actual proper speed result for me on computer. Other test sites sucked shit.
Other test is the Xbox live server test. »www.ehow.com/how_6659313 ··· eed.html
Network settings tweaks for an Xbone.
»support.xbox.com/en-US/x ··· settings
Xbox 360. Not much there.
»support.xbox.com/en-US/x ··· settings
pkclown
join:2014-03-01
Chilliwack, BC

pkclown to Mosk

to Mosk
Wait, are we saying that this is an issue on Telus' side as an ISP, or is this an issue on Microsoft's side in terms of software or updates?

Dent_
join:2014-02-21
Red Deer, AB

Dent_ to Mosk

to Mosk
Not to sure, but I have an xbox one and Telus inet and no speed problems at all on the xbox so.....

Mosk
@172.218.107.x

Mosk

Anon

"Dane" If your speed to the Xbox is fine and game play is fine then it's not MS Live, Right? It must be region to region because our connection to the Xbox has never been this bad. We are going to get rid of Optik TV and see if that makes a difference or just go with Shaw.

anon7865
@24.65.20.x

anon7865

Anon

What does Telus have to do with getting slow speeds on your Xbox? Please explain.

Mosk
@172.218.107.x

Mosk

Anon

Oh Forgive me, forgot Telus is the only company not messing with online gaming .. silly me. Telus has never been caught doing anything shady ... oh forgive me again, Yes they have. Do your own Google search. When I have talked to Telus the only response I get "It's Microsoft fault, they are slowing down the connecting" that is it, the only feed back we get. So it's okay for Telus to blame Microsoft, but not the other way around??? Not even allowed to think there could be something on the Telus side causing problems. I guess when you can just blame everyone else you don't have to attempt to solve any problems.
Trencher
join:2007-02-12
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

Trencher

Telus hasn't slowed down your internet connection for your Xbox One.. I do a speed test and I get 30-50mb/s via my Xbox One. If you're having problems with your Xbox One and telus connection I'd check

A. Your router
B. Your Network cable between your router/Xbox
C. If on wireless check what channel your router is using
D. Contact Microsoft, maybe you have a bad Ethernet port in your XBone?

You're NOT being throttled by Telus.
Expand your moderator at work