join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Hydraglass

Premium Member

to Hydraglass

Re: Nexus 5

said by Hydraglass:

said by elwoodblues:

Why would you flash it with Cyanogenmod? The Nexus phones have no bloatware, #1 reason to put someone else's ROM in there.

Maybe he wanted to feel like he was using a OnePlus One and hadn't gotten an invite? I'm certainly curious about OnePlus going forward - low cost, high quality components (screen, processor, camera, etc), Cyanogen Mod OS, "Nexus like" unlocked and first to update - if they mess up the Nexus line and the next version doesn't strike me as "awesome" like the N5 did, I'll probably be buying the next gen OnePlus phone.

The next "big thing" is the Android Silver program. Basically a clean OS like the Nexus phones.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

1 edit

Mike2009 to Hydraglass

to Hydraglass
The OnePlusOne definitely interests me. The invite process is a little silly and thankfully it is ending soon.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Why would you flash it with Cyanogenmod? The Nexus phones have no bloatware, #1 reason to put someone else's ROM in there.

I like the CM interface better and I'm not overly tied into the Google-AOL ecosystem anyway. I found it to be more stable and less buggy than vanilla Android, at least on N1 and on N5.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to MichelR

Premium Member

to MichelR
said by MichelR:

OK, What I picked was a prepaid base plan ($15 unlimited text) and added a talk booster ($5 - got an extra 100 minutes by registering my credit card for recurring renewal of the base plan) and a $30 1Gb data booster (used about 20Mb so far).

so, $50/month??

that's a little more than what i pay on a contract plan and i get more than that.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR

No, $15/month. I've only used 5 minutes of talk time and a few megabytes of data so far. I figure maybe I'll need a data booster every 2-3 months, unless I get addicted to the thing. So maybe about $25/month. I only talk in those things for emergencies, so it'll take a while before I need a talk booster.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

I bought a Nexus 5 right from Google. Love it.

Gone is your phone 32 gb?

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Red 32GB, yup.