spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JeffnKenner
@72.200.24.x

JeffnKenner

Anon

[LA] WDSU?

We may have to watch Sunday Night football over the air if we have Cox because WDSU can't come to an agreement. I pay almost 70 dollars a month for cable and I have to get an an antenna? That's ridiculous.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Blame the broadcast station owner and the content owners for demanding excessive amounts of compensation. Cox is not going to easily give in and then get numerous complaints about increases in cable bills. The days of paying content owners and broadcast stations whatever they ask to keep them on the air are gone. Be glad Cox is more stringently resisting than in the past. Use that antenna, do not switch to satellite, and let the broadcast station stew for a while in the re-transmission fee mess they made. We need to get rid of retrans fees and go to regulated must carry.

CoxJimR
Premium Member
join:2002-01-17
Atlanta, GA

CoxJimR to JeffnKenner

Premium Member

to JeffnKenner
According to a news report I just read, an agreement was reached before the deadline and WDSU is still on.
david279
join:2011-03-09
New Orleans, LA

david279 to JeffnKenner

to JeffnKenner
Dont feel bad Fox8 has been pulled from DirectTV. No saints game without rabbit ears right now.

kv2009
join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
·Cox HSI

kv2009

said by david279:

Dont feel bad Fox8 has been pulled from DirectTV. No saints game without rabbit ears right now.

I know, right? I think it's their parent company demanding more money from DirecTV to broadcast the signal, though I'm not sure why that would happen when we can all pick up the signal over antenna for free.

I do believe you can get the Saints game with Sunday ticket though, and I believe you can get it for free right now.
david279
join:2011-03-09
New Orleans, LA

david279 to JeffnKenner

to JeffnKenner
Ha i forgot all about the Sunday ticket free weekend....

JeffinKenner
@72.200.24.x

JeffinKenner to davidhoffman

Anon

to davidhoffman
I'm glad they agreed on something. I heard ESPN charges Cox a lot of money. I could do without ESPN as long as I have my local sports team on local channels.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

ESPN is about $5 of your cable bill.