spc
uniqs

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to flash123

to flash123

Re: [OOL] Reporting peering partners path slowdown

I find it slightly amusing that the traceroute looks a bit like a UPS Air shipment. No wonder you're experiencing a slowdown they're flying your packets on jets! EWR (Newark) to JFK (NY) to ORD (Chicago)

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL

said by andrewc2:

I find it slightly amusing that the traceroute looks a bit like a UPS Air shipment. No wonder you're experiencing a slowdown they're flying your packets on jets! EWR (Newark) to JFK (NY) to ORD (Chicago)

I get a laugh out of your description since it once happened to me. I ordered something from a South NJ mail order company to be shipped by FedEx to me in Suffern NY (on the NY/NJ border off Route 17). The tracking audi trail had the package go by truck to Newark Airport, get placed on a plane to Atlanta, placed on another plane in Atlanta to go back to Newark, and finally placed on another truck heading north for delivery by my local FedEx location. The misrouting of EWR->ATL->EWR delayed delivery by one day. Why the package could not have been transfered from the incoming South NJ truck to the Northbound truck at EWR instead of being placed on a plane to ATL only to then be returned to EWR, I do not know.

This reminds me of the shipping time schedule on the UPS site where a package being shipped by truck that is dropped off on Monday will be delivered on Friday but one being dropped off on Thursday will be delivered the next Wednesday. Apparently the site implies that they pull their trucks to the side of the road at 11:59 PM on Friday and only start them up at 12:01AM Monday since there is no other reason why a shipment that is on the road over a weekend adds two extra days to the delivery time. I can see a delay if it is sitting at a depot over the weekend awaiting a Monday delivery but the schedule shows that the truck is on the road not sitting at a depot awaiting delivery.