spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Lana51

@75.110.58.x

Greenville NC - neighbor pays $35 but I pay $45 for same 15mbps?

I am in Greenville, NC. My monthly bill for 15mbps internet-only service is $45. (used to be $40 up until about a couple of months ago)

My next-next-door neighbor pays only $35 per month for the exact same 15mbps internet-only service. She's been with Suddenlink a couple of years longer than me. ($35 as it appears on her current bill)

I called Suddenlink and asked. They just gave me canned answer about how each customer's rates are different. (even when it's only 2 doors down?)

My neighbor called Suddenlink and asked why her bill was $35 while my bill was $45. It must have seemed odd to the Suddenlink rep on the phone.(must be thinking "why is this woman calling me and complaining about her bill being $10 cheaper?) Well... the answer was the same canned response. They are almost saying that no two customers pay the same rate.

So... I basically just want to know how I can pay $35 like my neighbor?

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Well, the only way really is to bitch your way up the ladder until you get to a retention supervisor. Even then though you may just be screwed. The pricing IS largely just made up on the spot.

You can get the ball rolling by first making an account here, then sending a PM to Pete Abel on the approved list pinned in the forum. There is a short waiting period before being allowed to send PMs.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX
You sure she doesn't have phone or TV? Sometimes having another service adds a discount

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
It can also be affected by different plans, or new first time customer discounts.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Given that they have been customers for a couple years, new customer discounts are not in play.

And if you ARE bundling, SL no longer breaks down the pricing per service, it'd just show on the bill as phone, internet === $55.10 or the likes.

It's just a prime example of how pricing is largely made up on the spot in the computers using some hidden formula. Thank complete lack of competition for absurd pricing practices.

Best you can do is run it up the ladder.
--
Join Suddenlink Line Monitor!

50/3 Suddenlink ~ 5/1 CMA ~ 15/2 TWC

Lana51

@75.110.58.x
reply to atuarre
said by atuarre:

You sure she doesn't have phone or TV? Sometimes having another service adds a discount

No... she showed me her Suddenlink bill and it only shows internet for $35/month. Just like mine, except I'm charged $45 for the exact same service.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX
If there is a local Suddenlink location near you, perhaps the two of you could go up there with your respective bills and inquire why there is a difference.

Lana51

@75.110.58.x
My neighbor was at my house when I called Suddenlink. The rep pulled up both of our accounts and saw the $10 price difference. However, the rep was not able to explain the difference.

Are you saying that going into a Suddenlink office with the two bills will have different results?

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Talking to low level reps isn't going to get you anywhere on this issue. Following my suggestion is going to be about the only way you'll get in touch with an upper level rep that can actually effect your account.

Best of luck.

Lana51

@75.110.58.x
Spoke with a different SL rep on the phone this afternoon.

She was able to knock my monthly bill down to $30 per month for internet only.

Chubbzie

join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC
So now your neighbor needs to get $5 knocked off of their charges to equalize the difference? Keep working on 'em, eventually you'll get to $0.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
reply to Lana51
Nicely done. If you got their name, you can ask for them again next time you call