borked
Cheese With That Whine?
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
North Fort Myers, FL

borked

Premium Member

[Equip] SB6141 Solid Link Light

I am on Comcast using a SB6141 and have a Netgear WNR3500v1 wireless router connected to it. A couple times a week the router loses connection with the modem and the modem shows a solid blue link light. Rebooting the modem fixes the problem. The router seems to be working properly as I can still access other devices on the network when this happens. I just lose internet access until I unplug/replug the modem.

Any ideas on why this may be happening? TIA!

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

[Equip] Re: SB6141 Solid Link Light

Have you tried rebooting the router? Or just unplugging/replugging the cable between the modem and router?

borked
Cheese With That Whine?
Premium Member
North Fort Myers, FL

borked

Premium Member

Tried it all, even a new cable. Rebooted and rebooted modem first, router 2nd, then reconnected all of the devices. A couple days later got the disconnect and steady blue link light. No joy!

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

look at the logs, post one BEFORE you reboot.
corgi11
join:2013-09-30

corgi11 to borked

to borked

Re: [Equip] SB6141 Solid Link Light

I had a Netgear WNR3500Lv2 hooked up to an Arris 722G eMta and like you I kept dropping internet 2 to 3 times per week. I downloaded the latest firmware and it still didn't help. So I finally got tired of having to reboot like you and I got rid of my Netgear WNR3500Lv2 and replaced it with a new Cisco DCP3939 Gateway and haven't had one connection problem since. I think if you read the forums here and on Comcast you will find that a number of people seem to have problems with the older Netgear routers and Comcast connections. My suggestion is to do some research and trade in your tired old Netgear for another router. My brother just bought a TP-Link Archer C2 Router. It is the latest standard wireless AC and he only paid $69 on Amazon for it and he absolutely loves it. So far so good.

borked
Cheese With That Whine?
Premium Member
North Fort Myers, FL

borked

Premium Member

Argggg. I replaced a MediaLink router with this old Netgear I had laying around because the MediaLink wouldn't let me hairpin. I have a number of security cameras and a recording computer so need to be able to hairpin to view/manage them. Hairpinning is being on your network and accessing your equipment on the same network via a DynDNS service.

Looks like I'll have to investigate some other routers. Thanks for the heads up!