»www.fiercecable.com/stor ··· 14-03-19
UofMiamiGrad
Premium Member
join:2001-02-03
Syosset, NY

UofMiamiGrad to kenwvt

Premium Member

to kenwvt
Looking forward to seeing this new router deployed, especially with 802.11ac. Hope they replace the Rev I for those with 150 Mbps & up speeds, as well as VMS customers.
kenwvt
join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA

kenwvt to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
Well it's new in the sense that it has not yet been released, and is now showing up in a FioS users account as a compatible device. That bit of info is new, so it's release must be imminent.
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

fcfc2

Totally agree with you kenwvt, the release of the specific details of the new router is also brand new information. Thanks for being the first one to get this out. Great job.
gs0b
join:2014-08-14
Bucks, PA

gs0b to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Hmm, I don't see a guest WiFi network option in the manual. That seems like a big omission to me. I'd rather have that then ZigBee.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

2 recommendations

More Fiber to kenwvt

MVM

to kenwvt
Let the whining begin. "Why won't VZ upgrade me to the latest router for free?"

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to kenwvt

to kenwvt
i like the fact it isnt Actiontec, would be willing to give it a chance as a possible main router depending on if VZ's firmware doesnt ruin it's usability

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

1 recommendation

aaronwt to More Fiber

Premium Member

to More Fiber
said by More Fiber:

Let the whining begin. "Why won't VZ upgrade me to the latest router for free?"

Boy I hope not. I already have five Actiontec routers that FiOS has sent me over the last seven years. They are all gathering dust in my closets. For some reason they like to send me new routers that I have zero desire to use. Since I've always preferred to use my own routers which have been better than what FiOS had provided.

Stankyest
@173.75.211.x

Stankyest to UofMiamiGrad

Anon

to UofMiamiGrad
said by UofMiamiGrad:

Hope they replace the Rev I for those with 150 Mbps & up speeds, as well as VMS customers.

LOL... good luck with that. Since they pretended the Rev I router was revolutionary and jacked the price up by $20 before starting a massive marketing campaign to take advantage of customers that didn't know any better, I highly doubt they are going to upgrade existing customers for free.

They gave you a Rev I router for free because in reality it was old tech, which they wanted to get rid of, but it was adequate for VMS and can provide better support for your 150/150 Internet tier than their previous revisions. I can almost guarantee you they will only upgrade you from the Rev I for some ridiculous price or a monthly fee, and it will be more cost effective for you to buy an ac router to front end your Rev I. We'll see.

nothing00
join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

nothing00 to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Hopefully the MoCA 2.0 on this works. Really need that bandwidth.
kenwvt
join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA

kenwvt to aaronwt

to aaronwt
You can send me one of those Rev I routers in your closet if you want !!
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

Does anyone know if this is a dual simultaneous radio 2.4/5GHz router? What's the 2.4GHz range like?
texastown
join:2008-04-25
Plano, TX

texastown to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Kenwvt, check the link for a different thread here. They are sending the rev. I out for free it seems now. A few of us ordering the free one have received it. Give it a try as it's free to FIOS subscribers, worth a try.

»Verizon is offering free upgrade for really old Actiontec Routers
OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium Member
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA

2 recommendations

OwlSaver to kenwvt

Premium Member

to kenwvt
I skimmed the manual and noted:

-It appears to be 2.4/5.0 Simultaneous
-There is a lot of talk about IPv6 so they must be planning on supporting it
-No mention of MOCA version. The LAN frequency tops out in the 1200 range. Does MOCA 2.0 go up to 1600?
-No mention of SNMP.
-The UI looks a lot like the Actiontec, so other than Simultaneous and AC, there does not seem to be a lot of change.
-No mention of logging to a computer on your network.

I am sure there is more, but that is what I recall from my quick read. As soon as I can, I will get one.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

Cool! Thanks for the info! Now we just need someone to acquire one of these to test out the range. I've been eyeing a Netgear R7000/8000 to replace my aging Linksys E3000 but if I can get this for free I may go for it instead.

nothing00
join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

1 recommendation

nothing00 to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver
said by OwlSaver:

There is a lot of talk about IPv6 so they must be planning on supporting it

Rev I also looks like it can support IPv6. That would make the only routers now available from Verizon support IPv6.
said by OwlSaver:

No mention of MOCA version. The LAN frequency tops out in the 1200 range. Does MOCA 2.0 go up to 1600?

From the doc linked above it's clearly says MoCA 2.0. Frequency range has nothing to do with the MoCA version. The frequency range determines what services the device can coexist with.

It says it has MoCA 2.0 for both WAN and LAN. That would mean new ONTs are on the way that can support MoCA 2.0 too.
OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium Member
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA

OwlSaver

Premium Member

I just checked and in the up front features section, it does clearly say MOCA 2.0. I used the specifications in the back and it just says MOCA there - no 1.0, 1.1, or 2.0 annotation. They may need to do some more work on the manual.

The link above for the manual no longer works for me. But the article on ZatzNotFunny has a copy of the document.
dizney24
join:2011-08-23

dizney24 to kenwvt

to kenwvt

eival
Richland, WA

eival

can you screencap the Menus for us?

Lt Belspur
join:2003-11-15
Sarasota, FL

Lt Belspur to kenwvt

to kenwvt
drooling
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to dizney24

to dizney24
So this new ac Router is already in circulation? Since it seems you already have one in your home.
dizney24

dizney24 to kenwvt

to kenwvt
not just yet still working out some issues
JackBauer
join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY

JackBauer to gs0b

to gs0b
said by gs0b:

Hmm, I don't see a guest WiFi network option in the manual. That seems like a big omission to me. I'd rather have that then ZigBee

I tend to agree. Love the idea of ZigBee (assuming this is a hub?). But I want guest support, and would prefer to do it without two routers.
dizney24

dizney24 to eival

to eival

ruralwv
@140.108.1.x

1 edit

ruralwv

Anon

Click for full size
here

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to dizney24

to dizney24
is this the new router with the double antenna for wifi signal extender?

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by Eddy120876:

is this the new router with the double antenna for wifi signal extender?

How does a double antenna extend your signal?

eival
Richland, WA

eival to ruralwv

to ruralwv
said by ruralwv :

here

how bout the firewall, QoS and do they lock the set top boxes behind its own DHCP range?