Search similar:

uniqs

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to aaronwt

to aaronwt

Re: Is this the new FioS router ?

Because I live in a building and my apartment has certain death spots. Specially on the back room. Where every cell company(T-mob,VZ,ATT and Sprint ) get either edge or 1XT. Heck even the wifi drops to the lowest possible speed and makes it unusable . The reason why i ask is because i saw a video on youtube about getting the actiontec with a single antenna and the wifi was poor and you never get the actual speed you get. can't find the video at the moment. I hope this is not the case anymore
kenwvt
join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA

kenwvt

What do we think Verizon will charge us to purchase the new router ? $99 ? $159 ?

-Ken

Nels
join:2007-03-13
Arlington, VA

Nels

Just tell me where to sign up. I'm ready for a new router even if I have to buy it.
mewing80
join:2008-11-14
Sewell, NJ

mewing80 to kenwvt

to kenwvt
Will this be included when you sign up for the quantum TV service?
gs0b
join:2014-08-14
Bucks, PA

1 recommendation

gs0b to Eddy120876

to Eddy120876
The single antenna Actiontecs are the older, 802.11g models.

The dual antenna Actiontec is the latest 802.11g/n model (rev I). This has been available for quite some time. In my home, I get worse range with this router as compared to the 802.11g model. Of course, I get higher speed, so it's okay for me.

This thread is discussing a yet-to-be released router that is 802.11ac. It is dual band, which may help if your particular problem is caused by interference in the 2.4Ghz band. From the information posted, it appears to have internal antennas. Multiple antennas are required for the type of WiFi promised by this router.

If you want more suggestions on your particular issue I suggest you open a new thread or peruse the many similar threads already posted.

Enjoy

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Gs0b thank you for the information. I didn't knew which version had the double Antenna.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to mewing80

to mewing80
no they give you the Actiontec Rev I
eival

eival to kenwvt

to kenwvt
just read the report about this, its another attempt to try an "take over your home", im sure even when you "disable" wifi, its still pinging all your eletronics

id recommend a lead case with just an open side (facing the wall/side of your house)