uniqs

Razzy12345
@67.240.3.x

Razzy12345

Anon

Operating System Market Share

Windows 7 dropped 0.01%
Windows 8 climbed 0.89%

What's up with that? The data was definitely "skewed" in past two months as I suspected.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

3 recommendations

Wily_One

Premium Member

I don't know what your source data are, but those are pretty small variances to post about. Well within the margin of error I'm sure. Which means: No material change.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium Member
join:2000-05-14
Hedgesville, WV

3 recommendations

DataDoc to Razzy12345

Premium Member

to Razzy12345
said by Razzy12345 :

Windows 7 dropped 0.01%
Windows 8 climbed 0.89%

Both of those figures are less than 1%, as Wily_One said, "Well within the margin of error."

Razzy12345
@69.204.157.x

Razzy12345 to Wily_One

Anon

to Wily_One
»www.netmarketshare.com/o ··· ustomb=0

What else am I talking about? 1% is very significant in market share. I seem to remember media and some guy around here was boasting Windows 8 is doomed from 0.1% drop of market share.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to Razzy12345

Premium Member

to Razzy12345
Older machines are being replaced.

Razzy, as much as you and I might like Win 8, face it, we seem to be the minority. Windows 8 is tainted, in the public's eye, probably even worse than Vista was.

At least Vista deserved it.

Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

2 recommendations

Wily_One to Razzy12345

Premium Member

to Razzy12345
Lots of stat sites out there, bud:
»gs.statcounter.com/#os-w ··· 8-201408

And no, I don't think 1% is significant. If you're trying to show Win8 is catching on, this doesn't do it. Also does "Windows 8" include 8.1 or not? The market has spoken, and they have shunned anything associated with Win8.

As sivran See Profile says, that "big" 0.89% you mention is accounted from new system sales. Bottom line is the majority of systems will ship with 8/8.1 pre-installed since most consumers won't demand Win7. No one is rushing out to buy new copies of Win8 for its own sake.

MS is hurriedly trying to get Win9 out the door, hoping that will put this marketing disaster behind them.

All this has already been talked about ad nauseum here. Nothing gained to bring up these miniscule numbers.

Razzy12345
@69.204.157.x

Razzy12345 to sivran

Anon

to sivran
said by sivran:

Older machines are being replaced.

Razzy, as much as you and I might like Win 8, face it, we seem to be the minority. Windows 8 is tainted, in the public's eye, probably even worse than Vista was.

At least Vista deserved it.

This is the first I agree with. I am not saying that at all. I am just teasing people - that's all. Relax.
Razzy12345

Razzy12345 to Wily_One

Anon

to Wily_One
said by Wily_One:

Lots of stat sites out there, bud:
»gs.statcounter.com/#os-w ··· 8-201408

And no, I don't think 1% is significant. If you're trying to show Win8 is catching on, this doesn't do it. Also does "Windows 8" include 8.1 or not? The market has spoken, and they have shunned anything associated with Win8.

As sivran See Profile says, that "big" 0.89% you mention is accounted from new system sales. Bottom line is the majority of systems will ship with 8/8.1 pre-installed since most consumers won't demand Win7. No one is rushing out to buy new copies of Win8 for its own sake.

MS is hurriedly trying to get Win9 out the door, hoping that will put this marketing disaster behind them.

All this has already been talked about ad nauseum here. Nothing gained to bring up these miniscule numbers.

Please read my last post. 1% IS significant to world market share. People flip out when Windows 8 dropped 0.1% last month. Again, read my last post. Ah forget it.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Razzy12345

to Razzy12345
OK, so people have barely have any choice left but buying Win 8 or 8.1 with new systems, so older systems are now being replaced mostly by 8.x. That still can't and won't reverse the UI disaster called Win 8.