TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to brianshayne

Premium Member

to brianshayne

Re: [DSL] DSL Outage?

No sync would be an unrelated issue unfortunately. Maybe try removing everything from the main demarcation point of your home and plugging your modem directly in there.
brianshayne
join:2013-09-27
Canada

brianshayne

I even rewired my jack. The support guy on the phone said if I didn't have DSL light. I needed to wait as some places weren't up yet. This call was an hour ago, and it was the first thing he asked me when I finally got through. He said he couldn't help unless it was on.
brianshayne

brianshayne to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Ha! And now sync came back. We'll see if it authorizes. That'd be cool

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to brianshayne

Premium Member

to brianshayne
Ok try disconnecting everything from the main demarcation point for more than 20 minutes. It's important nothing at all be on there. Then try..
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to brianshayne

Premium Member

to brianshayne
Nice. Great.
brianshayne
join:2013-09-27
Canada

brianshayne

I can never tell with tech stuff here as the building wiring is terrible. When I got set up with you guys, the bell tech couldn't figure out why we couldn't get sync but he could trace the line... He left. Turns out the jack was wired backwards. Right Now I just replaced with a new jack and traced to the building demarc. Came back up, so may have been a bad connection - which is weird because u lost sync near noon I believe, and hadn't touched the jack. Anyway. Synced and authed. All good. Thanks to you and your staff for being super communicative all day.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Great. Weird how sometimes you just discover things that don't appear to make any sense yet there it is. Hehe have a good one.

scrampy
@98.158.118.x

scrampy

Anon

I'm amazed and impressed at how fast the TekSavvy team was on top of this. Watching you both in here, and on Twitter, providing a level of support and information was amazing. I have recently been so glad to have dumped Rogers to move to DSL, only to be rethinking my *choice* of DSL provider today. Unfortunately for me, I'm NOT on TekSavvy. Was the outage that Bell caused for TekSavvy limited only to you, or would other resellers with customers in Ontario have been affected? Obviously, I'm still not back online, and have been relying on your updates to even KNOW there was a problem. I'm checking out your package prices now.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Thanks scrampy, the team is still hard at work. They have done an exceptional job so far. Kudos to all of them

I haven't really had the chance to look but haven't heard that others were affected. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Expand your moderator at work
Halton
join:2014-06-29
Canada

Halton to scrampy

to scrampy

Re: [DSL] DSL Outage?

I switched to Teksavvy a couple of weeks ago from Bell and this outage made me second guess my decision but only until I saw the communication that was coming from Teksavvy. As you point out the Teksavvy team was all over this AND telling us what was going on. That was impressive to me too. Not what I was used to!

My suggestion: stop checking out the packages and switch to Teksavvy.