spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Irvine256
@68.5.96.x

Irvine256

Anon

[ALL] IPv6

When can we expect IPv6 native access from Cox? If they don't plan on using IPv6 can they please delete this page. There is no need for it to be there. I wouldn't be so frustrated if there were competition in my area. Like 90% of the county they have Monopoly over the Cities. Is Cox not tech savy enough to tackle IPv6? Should i assume Cox is an IPv4 provider and not a ISP. "An Internet service provider (ISP) is an organization that provides services for accessing, using, or participating in the Internet" Right now cox is only accessing the IPv4 part of the Internet.

»www.cox.com/residential/ ··· 00000000
arnieb5
join:2001-10-29
Chesapeake, VA

1 recommendation

arnieb5

The following is from the link you provided:

"When will the Cox network be upgraded to IPv6?

"Cox is working diligently to ensure all networks, systems, and products are fully IPv6-enabled in preparation for IPv4 address exhaustion. Cox offers IPv6 on the Cox High Speed Optical Internet backbone and is now in the process of enabling IPv6 throughout the remainder of the network.

"Network upgrades in the markets were completed in 2013. Business customer trials are planned for 2015. Residential customers will be IPv6 enabled, starting in 2015."

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

1 recommendation

Hard Harry7

So my guess is Resi testing by 2nd quarter 2015? Anyone on one of the CB trials?