Search similar:

uniqs

daniel604
@204.50.7.x

daniel604 to 58391701

Anon

to 58391701

Re: Oct 26 2014 , Internet rate increase

really? telus remote is actually pretty good lol. Try using Novus or shaw garbage!
58391701 (banned)
join:2014-06-30
New Westminster, BC

1 edit

58391701 (banned)

OT

the shaw cable and bell sattelite remotes both have worked great for me, older shaw ones not as good, new one with my 3510 was good

lets keep the post on topic though, still no one has answered if internet 100 is getting an increase

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth

Related..........................

Telus has added a couple of things to the service agreement.

Changes to products and services pages.
»www.telus.com/en/bc/get- ··· pport.do

Network congestion policy, which is for certain communities who have lacking capacity.

Updates to your TELUS Service Terms

Posted October 1, 2014

As of December 1, 2014, the Service Limitations section of your TELUS Internet Service Terms will be updated to include information about Internet network management. The changes can be viewed here. »about.telus.com/communit ··· _service View a full description of TELUS network management practices. »www.telus.com/en/bc/get- ··· pport.do

This measure treats all types of Internet traffic equally; it does not discriminate by content or application.

Added wording about being able to contact the customer via a valid email address for usage notifications and Ebill's.

Updates to your TELUS Service Terms

Posted October 1, 2014

As of December 1, 2014, the Privacy section of your TELUS Home Phone, Optik TV™ and Internet Service Terms will be updated to include the following information about your email address: "You agree to provide us with your current email address (and to inform us if that email address changes) so we can provide you with tools and services to manage your TELUS account, communicate with you about account-related items on a timely basis, provide news and offers from TELUS and its partners, and seek your views on TELUS’ products and services." View a full description of your TELUS Service Terms. »about.telus.com/communit ··· _service

Telus Privacy department contact. To opt out of promotional spam.
»about.telus.com/communit ··· /privacy

Darhole
Premium Member
join:2005-06-14
Edmonton, AB
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Asus RT-AC87
Actiontec T3200M

Darhole

Premium Member

I am curious:
quote:
1. TELUS reserves the right to amend these Service Terms, including rates and additional charges, at any time by giving 30 days notice. TELUS will notify you of amendments to these Service Terms by posting notice of the amendment at telus.com/serviceterms (the "Service Web Site"), or by sending you notice on your monthly bill or email bill notice that the Service Terms have been amended, directing to where the amendment may be consulted. If you have access to the Internet, it is your responsibility to go to the Service Web Site at least every month in order to become aware of any amendments posted on the site, and you agree to consult any amendments notified to you in accordance with the directions received on your monthly bill or email bill notice. You are not obliged to continue using the Services after an amendment to the Service Terms is made; however, in the event you choose not to accept the changes, your sole remedy is to cancel the Services, effective at the end of your current billing period. Your continued use of the Services following any amendment shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the amended Service Terms, waiver of any additional notice requirements and agreement to pay for the Services in accordance with the amended Service Terms.'
Does this mean I can terminate my service due to the terms changes without paying the penalties?
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

I would assume so because if not this is a one way street which benefits them only

humanfilth
river styx

1 edit

humanfilth

New price is now live. $3 increase.

Internet-6 $53 bundled
Internet-15 $58 bundled
Internet-25 $63 bundled
Internet-50 $78 bundled

Someone else can call in to find out if Internet-100 had any change.
Lyk9
join:2013-08-21
canada

Lyk9

What I find disturbing is that if Netflix announced they were increasing their monthly cost by $3 people would lose their shit. Not really seeing that kinda outrage.

humanfilth
river styx

humanfilth

said by Lyk9:

What I find disturbing is that if Netflix announced they were increasing their monthly cost by $3 people would lose their shit. Not really seeing that kinda outrage.

Netflix has corrected that former nightmare. Year 2014 new signups pay a buck more and existing users get an increase in 1-2 years. For the price though, Netflix is still dirt cheap compared to what it would cost to get the same content on cable TV, butchered for run time with commercials.
Right now with start of TV hockey season, Rogers(majority broadcast purchase) and the NHL is so screwing up the airing on Canadian TV. Those complaints are quite loud. Before that was the complaints of the loss of the expired Speed Network(thanks to restrictive Canada access rules blocking replacement FOX Sports 1).

Based on the evidence since the new Executive took over Telus, I've a strong suspicion that November 2014 was supposed to be the full roll-out of cap enforcement(which is not 100% ready yet). The spring price increase for 2015 was posted instead, which only the top people initially knew anything about.
So a prediction that cap enforcement was moved to March 2015 for full roll-out. Flip places and avoid a double whammy at once.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

I remember when the UBB controversy hit the fan and Telus came out and stated they had no Interest in Implementing UBB or Overages.

I do most of my Bandwidth usage late at night until early morning So I Highly doubt my high usage will affect Grandma looking at cute animal pictures late at night

teluser
@142.179.123.x

teluser

Anon

said by DanteX:

I do most of my Bandwidth usage late at night until early morning So I Highly doubt my high usage will affect Grandma looking at cute animal pictures late at night

UBB/overages have never been about preserving network capacity or the like (otherwise they would have introduced something like Teksavvy's "unlimited" 2-8am windows,) but rather as another avenue of monetization.

They can yell and scream all they want about how high usage users are 'ruining the network', but I already know a lot of these users who already limit their activities to late night/early morning windows anyways, so they're obviously only trying to mislead the uninformed masses, and boost profits for the shareholders (and their hefty bonuses/raises/salaries.)

anon7679
@209.91.107.x

anon7679

Anon

If it gets me fiber to the home at some point in the future I don't mind $3/mo more. Lots of communities seem to be getting it.

noguy986
@206.108.31.x

noguy986 to humanfilth

Anon

to humanfilth
I called in and the CS agent confirmed that there will be an increase of $3 for Internet 100.

GaiaChaos
The Illusion of Gaia
join:2006-11-08
Vancouver, BC

GaiaChaos to teluser

to teluser
The shareholders are the BC/ALTA teacher's pension (union). Telus customers are paying for the teacher's huge pensions.
Victorian
join:2012-09-19

Victorian

said by GaiaChaos:

The shareholders are the BC/ALTA teacher's pension (union). Telus customers are paying for the teacher's huge pensions.

And they're setting the company policy? Yeah, right.
AJ102
join:2005-03-22
Vancouver, BC

AJ102 to Darhole

to Darhole
said by Darhole:

Does this mean I can terminate my service due to the terms changes without paying the penalties?

That's a logical question. Normally a term service contract would include the price and the details of service to be provided in the terms, and any substantial change in the terms by one party would allow the other party to terminate the contract at their option. So for example you would expect that if Telus increases your internet price by 10% or adds a monthly data cap, you could terminate the contract at your option without penalty.

Unfortunately there are two big problems with that.

1. Telus has had teams of lawyers design a contract that's vague on the price and specifics of service, but strong on the contractual commitment on your part. So you'll find for example that you have agreed to pay the prevailing current price rather than a specific amount, and the terms of service won't commit Telus to any specific speed or availability numbers, and contain clauses that allow them to add restrictions for any reason they deem necessary to smooth operation of their network.

2. Those terms might not hold up in a court challenge. But are you prepared to spend hundreds of thousands of your dollars to hire a team of lawyers to argue the case for years? In the meantime Telus will be billing you with penalties, denying you future service, wrecking your credit rating etc..

The answer is easy: don't sign term service contracts.