spc
Search similar:

uniqs
h0bbit
join:2005-02-21
Santa Rosa, CA

h0bbit

peering issue/outage on 9/2 2:55pm PST

Did anyone else experience issues reaching sonic customers (including their website) yesterday for about 15 minutes? I'm not sure if it was just specific to comcast but we couldn't route to anything on the sonic.net network. Packets would go all the way up to their cogent peer and then disappear. Never saw anything up on their status page about it either..

Anyway just curious if anyone else experienced anything similar.

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA

DaneJasper

Premium Member

I didn't see any reports from staff or other customers regarding any issues like this yesterday, for whatever that's worth. Also, no alerts from our remote reachability monitoring for the website.

-Dane
h0bbit
join:2005-02-21
Santa Rosa, CA

h0bbit

Thanks for the reply. We definitely noticed an issue although short lived. I feel it was specific to comcast -> sonic.net routing as we could still remote in to systems if the session was initiated from the sonic.net side. This was for a fairly large customer that has employees all over the nation and about 1/2 of them rung our support line when they couldn't get in on either circuit (they have flexlink and fusion). The customer is off of B. street and their 3 letter company name is H*I if you want to check the support notes for the call. Cheers.