mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

[Other] Skype and GV/GTalk through IPPI

IPPI has provided some free call services between SIP, Skype, and GV/GTalk. Has anyone tried these free services? According to its FAQs, setup is pretty simple and straightforward. I wonder how good/reliable such free services are. Anyone?

Here is the FAQ:
quote:
Q. How to make calls to Skype ?
A. To call from ippi to Skype, just dial : skype_id@skype.ippi.com. Don't forget to authorize third party calling in Skype or to add skype2ippi to your contact list.

Q. How to receive calls from Skype ?
A. To call from Skype to ippi, you have to add skype2ippi to your contact list and call this contact. When you get a chat message, send as a chat message the ippi login you wish to call (or the ippi SIP numeric number staring with 889...).

Q. How to make calls to Google Talk/Voice ?
A. To call from ippi to Google, dial : google_username@gtalk.ippi.com and start the call.

Q. How to receive calls from Google Talk/Voice ?
A. To call from Google to ippi, add the contact gtalk2ippi@ippi.com in 'Search, add, invite' the column of 'Chat and Text' and click 'Invite to chat'. Once it appears in the contact list, click on it, click on the 'Phone icon', then 'Call from PC to PC'. You will receive instantly a chat message that prompts you to enter the ippi username or the virtual number/iNum to call, then start the call by pressing 'Enter'.
VoipisGreat
join:2013-03-25

VoipisGreat

I tried skype calls thru ippi a while back (last year?), it was very unreliable. A lot of times the calls didn't go thru.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by VoipisGreat:

I tried skype calls thru ippi a while back (last year?), it was very unreliable. A lot of times the calls didn't go thru.

Was this Skype-to-IPPI or IPPI-to-Skype?
VoipisGreat
join:2013-03-25

VoipisGreat

said by mazilo:

said by VoipisGreat:

I recall I mostly tested it for skype to ippi, but I believed I tried ippi to skype as well. I was trying to find a replace for rebtel after they discontinued support for skype, but it was nowhere near usable to me.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by VoipisGreat:

said by mazilo:

said by VoipisGreat:

I recall I mostly tested it for skype to ippi, but I believed I tried ippi to skype as well. I was trying to find a replace for rebtel after they discontinued support for skype, but it was nowhere near usable to me.

Thanks.

tommyanon
@67.176.23.x

tommyanon

Anon

years ago i used net2max/oztell for call skype.

looks like they recently made some improvements:

»forum.oztell.com/index.p ··· pic=3867
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by tommyanon :

Does OZTell provide a FREE SIP account to use with SIP2Skype and/or Skype2SIP?

tommyanon
@67.176.23.x

tommyanon

Anon

said by mazilo:

said by tommyanon :

i have not been able to login to my account or register a new one. posts over at the whirlpool forums indicate that oztell has at least temporarily blocked access to the login page for IP address outside australia in reaction to ongoing hacking. later i may try going through an australian proxy or vpn.

when i used them in years past they had free accounts that included use of the skype gateway. but the new version of the skype gateway seems a lot better at least going by the description in the forum.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by tommyanon :

said by mazilo:

said by tommyanon :

i have not been able to login to my account or register a new one. posts over at the whirlpool forums indicate that oztell has at least temporarily blocked access to the login page for IP address outside australia in reaction to ongoing hacking. later i may try going through an australian proxy or vpn.

when i used them in years past they had free accounts that included use of the skype gateway. but the new version of the skype gateway seems a lot better at least going by the description in the forum.

Thanks for your update.