spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mattb
@166.137.209.x

mattb

Anon

Q1000z not connecting to CL

Hi everyone. Been reading many, many threads here and you guys knowknow what you're taking about.

I have a 40m service plan with CL. Suppose to be turned on 2 days ago. I I purchased a q1000z from ebay and now have the seller sending me another. The current one will blink the dsl light stop, but only in one of our 4 phone jacks in the apartment.

I factory reset the modem. I have tried 8a, 12a, auto line modes. I set pppoe to auto and CL hasn't given me username or password. So I couldn't try that. I have a new phone line and a reliable cat 5 cable.

I have a Motorola 3347, but realised it doesn't support vdsl.

My question, if I get the settings right, will the connection work? Should I test the nid box? I think I found the box on my patio, but it's all cat 5 inputs. How do I test it?

Tomorrow I hope to get a friends CL supported modem to tests my phone jacks. Thanks for any help you can give.
mattb

mattb

Anon

Ps. I called CL twice and got the basic replies. Then the tech guy said wait for the other modem. I just emailed CL at their tech email too.
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn to mattb

to mattb
Get the user name and password. After a factory reset, all the required settings will be in auto-mode. Login to the modem, go to quick setup and enter your CL name and password and that should be all that is required to get a DSL connection.

mattb
@68.109.145.x

mattb

Anon

Thanks gapmn. I will do that.

Weird how CL tech support couldn't do that in the first place.
mattb

mattb to gapmn

Anon

to gapmn
Ok, entered ppp info and still no go. I tried changing the line mode to vdsl2 8a and 12a. Still doesn't work.

Dsl light blinks green in intervals. Bad modem? Bad phone jack?

Any help is appreciated.
gapmn
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn to mattb

to mattb
Do you have access to the NiD? If so, plug the modem directly into an NID to see if you get a connection there.

mattb
@68.109.145.x

mattb

Anon

Ok. I will try this tonight. Thanks for the reply.
mattb

mattb to gapmn

Anon

to gapmn
Friend tried a working cl modem from his house that he currently uses and none of our phone jacks work.

I connected to the nid board (only one it could link in) and checked my modems settings. Still no connection. Our even a dsl blinking light.

In the picture, is that my nid board? I live in apartments.
mattb

mattb

Anon

Click for full size
The board?

retiredqwest
join:2005-04-01
Spokane, WA

retiredqwest

The BLUE cables and board on the left are data jacks.

Notice the traces on the right board, they all line up in a row. Those are the voice cables to the wall jacks.

The gray cable on the bottom right 110 block is the feed. The jack above that is a RJ31X for an alarm system.

In other words there is no way to isolate the inside and outside wiring. You could try plugging the RJ11 from the modem to that jack and see if you get a signal at that point.

BUT, I wondering if you tried BOTH jacks at each jack location sine I'm assuming there are 2 there. 1 for data 1 for voice.

NOW, that gray 4 pair on the bottom right has to go to a terminal someplace. Either
an electrical room or probably on the outside of the building depending how many units there are to a building. But, I doubt you will find a real NID demarc at the building.

The interesting thing about the data board is there are 5 cables and the bottom one on the board says INPUT. And that is jumpered to the bedroom. You might try plugging a computer in that jack and see what you get.... if anything.

mattb
@166.137.209.x

mattb

Anon

Thank you for the info retiredqwest.

I attempted to direct link cat5 into the input port and hooked it up to my pc. Did a win 8 diagnostics, nothing.

Also want to note my neighbors modem was blinking a red dsl.

Is my wiring messed up? What would you guys do in this situation? Should I get my apartment landlords to fix the writing? Or call CL and try to get their technician to come out to resolve this?

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

Your wiring looks fine. The cable on the lower right is the one that goes out to the phone box. You will need someone with the proper tools, that understands phone wiring, to go out to the phone box and connect the correct line from CL to your apartment. After that is done, your modem should work in any of the four telephone jacks.
You can ask the landlord, but you will probably need CL to send a tech out to get you connected.

mattb
@184.98.154.x

mattb

Anon

Thanks billaustin. I will get my CL to come out. I just hope they don't charge me $80 for service.
mattb

mattb to billaustin

Anon

to billaustin
Ok, everything was fine. Our apartment wasn't connected at the NID box, which I couldn't have reached.

The CL guy came today and I showed him some of my art on the connection.

Thanks for all the help.
Now onto figuring out why I get under 30m with a 40m (estimated) deal. Hmm.
gapmn
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

Where did you read "30"? From the modems stat page?

mattb
@71.223.190.x

mattb

Anon

No from Speedtest.net. It fluctuates from 20-30 download speeds.

Current test with my brother using the WiFi right now: »www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 56786593