spc
Search similar:

uniqs
patryan9
join:2004-06-16
Bolton, CT

patryan9

[Equip] Chromecast and Comcast Cisco DPC3939B business router

Anyone have this working? Looks like it might not work officially, wondering if anyone has a workaround. »forums.businesshelp.comc ··· -p/17168

MDA
Auto Negotiating
Premium Member
join:2013-09-10
Minneapolis, MN
Netgear CM600
Asus RT-AC66U B1

MDA

Premium Member

[Equip] Re: Chromecast and Comcast Cisco DPC3939B business router

Looking at that Comcast forum thread, only things I see worthy of changing to attempt getting it working are:

1. The wireless security type (to WPA2 AES only or another type to try compatibility)

2. Wireless channel on the 2.4ghz band (try channel 6 or 11 as some N capable devices don't work on channel 1 if the router is possibly using wider channel widths. i.e. doesn't map below 2.412ghz like it should).

cHarley
join:2013-07-10
Boynton Beach, FL
Motorola MB8600
(Software) pfSense

cHarley to patryan9

to patryan9
Since Cisco acknowledges that it's a known firmware problem with the DPC (below), the only alternative I see to waiting for a fix, would be to have the DPC placed in bridged mode and supply your own wireless router.

"Re: Chromecast with Cisco DPC3939B Router
08-19-2014 10:51 AM - edited 08-19-2014 10:52 AM

Hello cncoats and gazog, sorry for the delay.

At this time the Cisco 3939B is not compatible with Chromecast. Our senior engineering team is working with Cisco to resolved this issue, and a fix will be in place with the next firmware update. We will post an update once the new firmware is released.

Sorry for any incovinece at this time."