spc
Search similar:

uniqs

HenryA
join:2011-05-28

HenryA to daeron

to daeron

Re: VMedia DSL issues @GeorgeBurger

I haven't worked at Solect (Amdocs) since 2001, but back in my day (Jesus I sound old) we had first level partners like Rogers, Bell, Pratel, BT, AT&T, and then we had second tier providers (VISPS or TPIA)who had a representative on site at first tier partners buildings. A customer would call in to the second tier provider, make a complaint which was relayed to the CSR at the first tier provider who would pass on the problem asking for assistance. Sometimes it took more than asking once.
My guess things haven't changed much. I assume that vmedia has a contact Rogers and Bell who take second tier problems, and then relays those to the appropriate teams...who probably drag their feet because partners pay big bucks for SLA's and are contractually obligated to help. When they have time.

Again, you're blaming the wrong persons daeron. TPIAs don't have control like Rogers and Bell. Let's say you ask for an install of Vmedia. They schedule it with Rogers (or Bell) who send out contracted services to hook you up. Vmedia doesn't go in person. If the contractor doesn't show, they're contracted to Bell or Rogers. Not Vmedia, who only get the blame. Not Rogers or Bell.

Clear as mud right?
daeron
join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

daeron

You guys seem to think I don't understand that there are some core issues that are caused by the incumbents. I do understand that. (pointed it out here before.... »Re: [Cable] ontario . new account/connection issues..)

My point is if you are selling a service it's up to you to provide that service. If it means in the background you have to fight with Rogers or Bell or whoever (could be CRTC as well) then so be it. That's how the game is setup now. Do I think it needs to be changed to a level playing field? Hell yes it does. How is it going to be changed? Significant pressure due to customer demands that the system is currently broken. Nekkid you propose that customers should go back to incumbents, I think that's the wrong approach. That's giving up.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

I suggest anyone who has an issue with the way things are should absolutely go where they get the best service for their money. Whether that's Rogers or Vmedia is up to you.

The issue with your argument is you're talking like there isn't/hasn't been pressure. There has. You're also insinuating that the IISP's/TPIA's haven't/don't fight behind the scenes, you're seriously mistaken.
daeron
join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

daeron

I have not insinuated that, I have pointed out, as you have, that there hasn't been enough pressure to effect the desired outcome. I don't think I'm mistaken at all.

Agree on your point regarding service though. Vote with your wallet.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by daeron See Profile]

Agree on your point regarding service though. Vote with your wallet.

That's exactly what the incumbents want, your wallet