spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JeffinKenner
@72.200.24.x

JeffinKenner

Anon

[LA] Outage 12:10am to 2:43am

I was hoping this was the hardware or software upgrade for ourspeeds but I guess something just broke.

coxlouisiana
join:2013-12-24
Lafayette, LA

coxlouisiana

It was a hardware upgrade in Kenner, also turned up 4 more downstreams.

JeffinKenner
@72.200.24.x

JeffinKenner

Anon

Thanks for replying.
JeffinKenner

JeffinKenner to coxlouisiana

Anon

to coxlouisiana
Click for full size
Signals are perfect.

kv2009
join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
·Cox HSI

kv2009 to JeffinKenner

to JeffinKenner
Wish I could say the same. My upload speeds have been erratic for a few days now - I never experienced the downtime either. My upload will fluctuate between 4-7Mbps and I'm supposed to be getting a solid 10. I'm also getting a lot of T3s where I wasn't before.

Is Cox doing some maintenance or upgrades that could cause this problem?
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

ours was just out wish it was an upgrade, but no still 8 down 4 up, but levels improved.

kv2009
join:2009-09-14
Kenner, LA
·Cox HSI

kv2009 to coxlouisiana

to coxlouisiana
said by coxlouisiana:

It was a hardware upgrade in Kenner, also turned up 4 more downstreams.

How many nodes were upgraded? I believe I'm on KN106 - can you check? My downstream power level is pretty bad, although it was the same when I was getting solid upstream speeds for quite a while. Upstream power levels have been pretty good for the same amount of time. This just started a few days ago, and it also seems the Powerboost on the upstream is now gone. Speedtests before showed a Powerboost up to 30Mbps upstream then it cut down to 13Mbps. Now, I'm lucky to get 7Mbps and that needle struggles to get up to 7 - I'm also plagued with T3 errors.

JeffinKenner
@72.200.24.x

JeffinKenner

Anon

In north Kenner, I"m getting 32mpbs down, which levels off a bit,and upload about 25, which settles down to 15 or so.

coxlouisiana
join:2013-12-24
Lafayette, LA

coxlouisiana to kv2009

to kv2009
That node should be included in the upgrade for this week, however I don't think that will help your particular problem since there is an upstream issue. Have you done any packet loss testing? Are you using a D3 modem? If you can PM me your mac so I can confirm we are talking about the right node.

JeffinLA
@72.200.24.x

JeffinLA

Anon

In October 2012, I had an upload speed issue. Download was normal but upload was 200k. They said something with the "Plant" was causing it. Maybe it was a CMTS issue. I'ts been great since then. :-D
arcno
join:2012-09-09
New Orleans, LA

arcno

This entire week has been really bad on service. My office (Cox Business) has been getting terrible ping speeds, and upload speeds that are absolutely unacceptible. That being said, my home connection has stayed solid. As of this afternoon, my home connection has fallen flat on its face. Getting 65 Mbps down, with 0.4 Mbps upload. My speed tests, even using the Cox Business speed test utility are usually timing out and failing, but on the off chance that they go through, I am getting .2-.4 Mbps.
arcno

arcno to JeffinKenner

to JeffinKenner
Im getting some different inconsistencies, now.

My WAN IP address is on a completely different subnet, which now points to a block registered to Nevada, instead of the New Orleans that I used to have. Additionally, my NAT rules are showing that inbound traffic is trying to go to my old WAN IP, not my new WAN IP.