spc
Search similar:

uniqs
PMcmil5450
join:2011-05-26
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450

Live TV on Fios Mobile App

It's been awhile since I'd launched Fios Mobile to view the live TV channel offerings, but the last time I did, there were dozens of cable channels (such as TNT, USA, Fox News, MSNBC, BBC America, History, etc.) plus the premium channels I subscribe to (HBO Go, Showtime, etc.). This morning I launched it, and all I had available for live TV were the premium movie channels, and a handful of foreign language channels.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,
Pam

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Are you launching the app at home on your router's wireless network? Or are you launching it on a cellular connection?
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to PMcmil5450

to PMcmil5450
Streaming channel availability depends whether or not you're viewing from inside the home.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to PMcmil5450

Premium Member

to PMcmil5450
Just fired it up now (at home) - all the channels are showing for me.
PMcmil5450
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450

I launched it from my iPad at home while on wifi. As a matter of fact, the last time I used it, I was outside my home network (visiting family in Illinois and connected via their wifi) and I had more channels there than I had when I launched it this morning!

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Shut down the device you are watching it on completely, then turn it back on and try it again. If it's still the same, then Verizon may be having a problem.
PMcmil5450
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450

said by matcarl:

Shut down the device you are watching it on completely, then turn it back on and try it again. If it's still the same, then Verizon may be having a problem.

Thanks marcarl...I will try that when I get home tonight and report back
PMcmil5450

PMcmil5450

said by PMcmil5450:

said by matcarl:

Thanks matcarl...I will try that when I get home tonight and report back

That did it...thanks matcarl!

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Your welcome, glad it works now. It's happened to me a few times.
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565 to PMcmil5450

to PMcmil5450
If anyone else experiences something like this another step .. (assuming android. not sure the same process for iOS).. Go into SETTINGS > APPS > scroll down to the FIOS MOBILE APP and you should see a FORCE STOP option.
cstmstyle
join:2004-06-15
Clay, NY

cstmstyle to PMcmil5450

to PMcmil5450
A related question to this is if I have the Fios Tv app on my Xbox at home and then bring that xbox over to a friends house who uses Time Warner for internet. Would I still be able to watch TV with the app since its connected to my account?
PMcmil5450
Virginia Beach, VA

PMcmil5450

I've been able to watch live TV on my iPad at my son's house, who lives in another state and uses Comcast. I know it's not a definitive answer…but you won't know until you try
said by cstmstyle:

A related question to this is if I have the Fios Tv app on my Xbox at home and then bring that xbox over to a friends house who uses Time Warner for internet. Would I still be able to watch TV with the app since its connected to my account?

CeeZee
join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee

Do you have to be in the States? I know Netflix won't work when I'm in Canada.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

VPN is your friend.
marc3565
join:2009-10-08

marc3565 to CeeZee

to CeeZee
said by CeeZee:

Do you have to be in the States? I know Netflix won't work when I'm in Canada.

Yes . It just hangs in Canada. Unless you can trick it to think you are in the US

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to PMcmil5450

Premium Member

to PMcmil5450
Anyone have an idea when we are going to get the local channels on the FiOS app?

My folks have TW and their app gives you the local channels...

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

We have the locals in New York on the app
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76 to aztecnology

to aztecnology
said by aztecnology:

Anyone have an idea when we are going to get the local channels on the FiOS app?

It will probably be a long time before locals are available on the FiOS app in markets other than NYC, DC, and a few others. Currently, they are only available in markets where the local stations are owned by the Big 4 networks. In other markets, an agreement must be reached with each station owner.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by Betamax76:

said by aztecnology:

It will probably be a long time before locals are available on the FiOS app in markets other than NYC, DC, and a few others. Currently, they are only available in markets where the local stations are owned by the Big 4 networks. In other markets, an agreement must be reached with each station owner.

Not true. All of the "Big 4" locals are network-owned in Los Angeles.
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy to Betamax76

to Betamax76
In DC, only the NBC and Fox stations are owned by the network (or are owned by the same company as owns the network, good luck trying to figure out Fox's corporate structure). Of the markets Verizon serves, only NYC, LA, and Philly have all 4, and only Dallas has 3.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76

In Pittsburgh, there is just one: KDKA owned by CBS.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Noticed Ch 501 FiOS1 News HD has been added to the app for VHO7.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

1 edit

webcobbler

said by icemannyr1:

Noticed Ch 501 FiOS1 News HD has been added to the app for VHO7.

Yes. You are correct. I just checked. Having it in HD is much better. A much better feed. It's not cropped, like the SD feed.

Now, they just need to delete the SD channel. As well as add all HD equivalent channels and delete those SD channels, ( like DiY HD, and delete the SD feed ) etc.

That would make sense, right? lol.

Especially for those on the VMS system, that IF their VMS box goes down, they still have access to all the FiOS App channels on their Client IPC boxes. So the more channels on the app in HD, the better.

This is all IMHO, of course.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

I find it odd FiOS does not have FOX Sports Go yet but they have the SD feed of FS2 in the live TV app.
icemannyr1

2 edits

icemannyr1 to matcarl

to matcarl
We have most of the NYC broadcast stations on the app except for WPIX (Tribune), WLNY (A CBS owned station),
WNET (PBS) & WLIW (PBS).