spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DNH
@66.220.227.x

DNH

Anon

[HSI] Internet Problems

Has anyone been having issues in the pas few weeks with signal levels and the Charter digital transition? I like in New Hampshire and Tuesday night around Midnight they pulled the plug on the Analog TV service. Now (and yes call me nerdy but I do keep an eye on my signal levels quite frequently) since that happened my levels went from ~-1dB - +3dB on the downstream channels with around -39 SNR to around +7dB - above +14dB with around -30 - -39 SNR. Upstream power remains the same around 42dB. Would the digital transition have caused this spike in signal levels from the headend? Now the problem is(ever since they turned of the analog broadcasting for the all digital transition) I go from 7dB during the day to well above what the modem can handle at 15dB at night and the modem cuts out until the signal level goes down again in the morning. During this time to I notice my SNR goes from -39 or so to -30. Any ideas what may be causing this?
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

What modem do you have? Can you post a screen shot of your modems status page?

Might help us to make some appropriate suggestions for your next trouble shooting step(s).
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned) to DNH

to DNH
My signals got better after the cut off. Difference in downstream channels between weakest and strongest went from nearly 4 dBmV to no more than 1.8 and SNR went from a difference of nearly dB 2 to 0.3 dB or less. SNR is around 42 dBmV.

No difference in upload power level which for me is almost always at least 50 dBmV. I haven't seen it lower than 47 dBmV than I can think of.
dhoh1187
join:2004-09-18
Piermont, NH

dhoh1187 to DNH

to DNH
SOrry had issues getting my account to post --> »[HSI] Internet Connection Issues is my current thread under my account
System

Anon

This topic has been closed. Reason: More suitable topic exists

See: »[HSI] Internet Connection Issues