spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Troy
@184.187.131.x

Troy

Anon

[ALL] Speed Test Results

I am a new COX Internet customer with Preferred (25/5) account. I would like to know which speedtest is more accurate to use OOKLA Speedtest or Cox's speedtest tool. They both provide about the same download speed results 32-34 Mbps, however the upload speed test with OOKLA averages between 6-7 Mbps (ping 32 ms) while the Cox upload speed test averages 23-25 Mbps (ping 15-20 ms). This is a big difference between the two. I enjoy the higher download speeds compared to what I had before (uverse 6 mbps), however we do a lot of file uploads and was wanting to figure out if we may need higher upload speeds. Maybe when Cox doubles our speeds soon that will increase our upload speeds to 10 Mbps instead of 5 (50/10). Thanks

Termites
@174.79.1.x

Termites

Anon

Test your speed here and post link
»www.speedtest.net

Mr_Anon_Name
@70.188.97.x

Mr_Anon_Name to Troy

Anon

to Troy
It depends on your location and the location of the server. However, you should try a non-flash speedtest like Testmy.net or speedof.me. There are plenty of html5 based tests out there to try so that you won't have to rely on just one result and will give you a clearer picture.
daveinpoway
Premium Member
join:2006-07-03
Poway, CA

daveinpoway to Troy

Premium Member

to Troy
I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that the Cox test only checks the speeds through the Cox network, while other tests also involve testing outside of Cox's network.