Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger

Re: [Speed] Free (Temporary) Speed Upgrades in Pacific NW

Same here. No price increase on my latest bill.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

1 recommendation

Wayne99021

Premium Member

When I got my speed increase the CSR said he was putting me on a different package where my bill would actually go down by $1. Not much, but they all count.

spike010101
Premium Member
join:2003-11-28
Austin, TX

spike010101 to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian
I called for two things. The first to be put on a new triple play promo because mine was expiring, and then I wanted the free extreme 105 for a year. Managed to get both.

I did try something new this time when trying to get the extreme 105 and it may/may not of have an effect on the outcome of the call. I said that I got a "flyer" in the mail that said Comcast was offering me it free for a year. And there isn't really any way for retentions to validate. So yeah... lol

Oregonian
Premium Member
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

Well, that's one way to get it done!
TeutonJon78
join:2014-09-16
Portland, OR
ARRIS SB6141
TP-Link Archer C2600
Linksys E3000

TeutonJon78 to Oregonian

to Oregonian
So were these all upgrades as part of some package deal/retention thing, or part of the nationwide speed doubling that's been rolling out?

If I look a getting new service, it shows the doubled speeds. If I look from within my account at "upgrading", it still shows the old speeds. I did a chat with CSR, and they only have it as the old speeds.

Anyone gotten the (unrequested) speed bump yet?

spike010101
Premium Member
Austin, TX

spike010101

Premium Member

The speed bump this particular thread is about is not related to the nationwide speed doubling. I'm not sure when the PNW will have it done. When it is doubled however, Blast! goes up to 105/10 and extreme 105 goes to 150/20.

The tier that we managed to get free for a year is extreme 105, which is 105/20. The only difference between this and what Blast! will become is 10mb of upload.
TeutonJon78
join:2014-09-16
Portland, OR

TeutonJon78

Well, darn. I was hoping this was the siting of the general speed doubling.

What is interesting is that for new customers, those speeds are listed as the doubled speeds, with no mention of the speeds going down after the promo pricing ended.

DixonX
@67.171.142.x

1 edit

DixonX

Anon

Has it been confirmed that anyone ...
=============
DixonX, please repost in this topic ---> »[Speed] Comcast 2014-2016 Side Discussion about Speed Upgrades

Your post is off topic in this thread. This is about a temporary promotion which might be available to customers in the Pacific Northwest. Your post is about the free doubling of download speeds.

spike010101
Premium Member
Austin, TX

spike010101 to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian
Click for full size
Finally got the first bill with the extreme 105 free for a year promo. Shows up for $40 and then with a -$40 discount.

Actually quite happy with what I got out of that phone call. Got into a better triple play deal and got extreme 105 free for a year. Bill went from $210 down to $175 (includes x1 dvr and two x1 companion boxes)

Seemed to have gained the movie channel as well which seems odd and it's never usually bundled with triple plays unless it's the everything and the kitchen sink type of triple play.

Looking forward to when the actual speed tier bumps come to the PNW. My extreme 105 should go up to extreme 150. But looks like I'll need a new modem/gateway as the one I have now is only 4x4 and the ~170mb provisioning of the extreme 150 tier is literally at the limit for 4 channels.

Oregonian
Premium Member
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

Yes, mine showed up the same way - a $40 charge and a $40 discount.

Enjoy that new speed!
Papageno
join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Papageno

Hmm, you must have some competition from FIOS or non-garbage-speeds CenturyLink over in West Linn, because here in NoPo I've gotten no love (and so far no mention on my bill of upcoming speed bumps).

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

I really don't think it's a competition thing, it's just the CSR or billing person you talk to.
I live in a pretty rural area and can't even get DSL if I wanted it, Dial-up and satellite are my only other options. I got the free upgrade for one year.
Keep calling you might get the right person.

spike010101
Premium Member
Austin, TX

spike010101 to Oregonian

Premium Member

to Oregonian
Yea definitely no competition here. Century Link can give me a max of 20Mb.

Oregonian
Premium Member
West Linn, OR

Oregonian to Papageno

Premium Member

to Papageno
I agree with the others - not much competition here from anybody. I must have just been lucky with the CSR.

jaynoon
@131.107.165.x

jaynoon

Anon

Has anybody been able to get this done with a Double Play plan? I tried and failed once so far, but I'm on Double Play and I'm worried that's what's tripping me up.
Papageno
join:2011-01-26
Portland, OR

Papageno

Well, as a data point, I only would be "double play" although those words don't appear on my bill. Been a cable TV customer at my address since '97 (currently on Digital "Starter" which is what used to be known BitD as "expanded basic"), and I went over to Comcast HSI from CenturyLink DSL about 4 years ago. I called and the CSR told me I wasn't eligible.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

I now have double play with the upgrade, but I had triple play when I was upgraded. I wasn't using the voice side.
In my case, I bought a new Arris 6183 modem and tried to get it provisioned. Was told I couldn't get it provisioned because all triple play, promo or not has to use a EMTA (new Rule).
After being transferred to 4 different states it was determined I would have to down grade to double play to get the 6183 provisioned, which is what I did.
There was also something about me having premium digital on my TV and that is why I still qualified for the upgrade.
So it appears double play can get the upgrade depending on your TV package, but still think it's if you get the right CSR.

jaynoon
@24.16.237.x

jaynoon

Anon

Looks like I'm on "Preferred XF Double Play" .. At this point who knows I'm going to keep trying! Maybe I'll try retentions this next time.