atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre

Premium Member

Suddenlink Speed Test Server

So I see (although I do not know how long it has been there) that Suddenlink has a speedtest server in Tyler. Shouldn't that be like an almost accurate test to tell if you are getting the speeds you are supposed to because it's on suddenlinks network and at least for people near Tyler?

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg

MVM

it has not been up long, sometime in the last week or two is when it went online.

it will tell you if your speed to them is what it should be, but won't tell you if they have congestion upstream from there. funny thing is I can run a test to tyler and get 50/4, but when I run it elsewhere I get 50/8 which is what our business package is!

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

The tyler test for me doesn't even reach 50....
GeorgetownTX
join:2006-11-28
Georgetown, TX

GeorgetownTX to atuarre

to atuarre
I think it is refreshing that SL has put a speed test server into the public arena. Seems like they are growing up and playing with the big boys, finally embracing some scrutiny.

My 107/5 plan pulls down 110.5/5.5 consistently on their new speedtest server, and I get similar results on most other speedtest servers that come from outside SL's network.

I verified that my tracert path to their new speedtest server stays completely inside SL's network, so at least now we can easily see if slowdowns are on the SL-side or outside SL's direct control.

I know the infrastructure in all SL's markets is not consistent, and I feel for those in their smaller markets that don't have access to the newer speed tiers and reliable bandwidth availability.

Providing a public speedtest.net site presence is at least a step in the right direction.