spc
Search similar:

uniqs
efran
join:2014-09-06

efran

[Internet] How to Bridge routers

Hi eveyone,

Here's my situation. I'm a Fibe TV customer and back in mid August, the wifi on my Bell Connection Hub began performing very low. I was lucky if I got above 4 mbs down speed. My first contact with Bell wasn't great - the guy kept telling me Bell doesn't guarantee wifi and that I was too far away from the modem. That angered me and he knew it so I insisted a technician visit my home. My system was less than 3 feet from the modem. The tech arrived two days later and saw for himself my modem wasn't very far away at all and agreed with me there was something wrong. He played around with the modem and got the speed back up to over 17 mbs where I usually am at any given time. Thought it was fixed and left. Two hours later the speed was gone again. Talked to resolution team and sent another tech to me the next day. This time I got the new Home Hub 2000. This worked great for about 8 hours then it kept resetting itself and my television kept freezing. So now that you have the picture this went on and I went through 8 techs. All very good and the resolution team very good. No complaints there on my part.

The last tech replaced my receiver and my modem back to the connection hub. Wireless doesn't work well but at least my television works fine. For some reason yet to be figured out, the hub 2000 causes my television to freeze (tried 5 new hub 2000's altogether) but the wifi is extremely good. The tech left me with the old one and the new one and told me I could use the old one for television and the new for wifi but they would have to be bridged. He admitted he didn't know how to bridge. I also tried to figure it out but it's not as easy as going from a lan port to wan port thinking dhcp would assign an ip address and start broadcasting.

Sorry for the long story but I thought it would help you understand why I need to bridge the two modems. So to my questions. I want to use the new hub 2000 for wifi and the old hub for tv. How do I bridge the two hubs? I'm assuming I must keep my phone line plugged into the old one running my television. How do I get the hub 2000 to give me wifi only? If someone could explain what settings need to be changed in each unit it would be very helpful.

I'm curious if others have experienced this trouble with the new hub 2000.

Thank you for any help.

efran
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Haven't heard of any of those issues with the hh2000. To bridge the hh2k, simple run an ethernet cord from the lan port of the connection hub to the wan port of the hh2k, it should automatically pick up the ip of the c-hub and authentication amd you should be fine.
efran
join:2014-09-06

efran

Thank you btech805. Will give it a try when I reach home and will let you know.

Thanks again,

efran
efran

efran to btech805

to btech805
Thanks for the info however, it wouldn't give me an ip address. Normally with a dlink, linksys, etc., it would work just by doing what you said but the home hub wants to be a bit more complicated.

Further suggestions are welcome.

Thanks everyone.

efran