dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

Tribune Media Guide listings for Sports needs to always list teams.

I have a Pet Peeve that I've noticed ever since FIOS switched to Tribune Media for the Guide listings. Many times they never list the entire name of the two teams playing and instead just give their nickname along with some stats. For both the 12pm and 7:30pm College games on FS1 they never mention the full names of both teams but instead say the Longhorns look to avenge their loss to the Cougars. Now I know who the Longhorns are but Cougars could mean many teams including Houston or BYU.

I needed to check ESPN online to see that the Texas Longhorns are playing the BYU Cougars, now why can't that just say Texas Longhorns vs BYU Cougars in the guide...
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy

The Tribune listings do include the full names of the teams playing as the episode title. Check www.zap2it.com, which is owned by Tribune. If Verizon boxes don't show the title, then that's Verizon's fault.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to bohratom

to bohratom
Today on Big Ten Network HD (ch 585) the guide listed the Wisconsin game when it was actually the Rutgers/Howard game airing on that channel.
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy

The Wisconsin game was the primary national game, with the Rutgers and Illinois games showing on the overflow channels. Verizon elected to instead show the Rutgers game on the primary channel because Rutgers is within their footprint and the others aren't. The listing for BTN is a generic national one, not a region/provider-specific one.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to bohratom

to bohratom
»506sports.com/ncaaf.php is your friend
Light Guy
join:2006-05-12
Somerville, NJ

Light Guy to dfwguy

to dfwguy
The SD channel 85 had the Rutgers game in the Guide

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

2 recommendations

bohratom to eival

to eival
said by eival:

is your friend

You missed my point which is we should not have to hit the net for information on the teams of a game....
TonyD79
join:2010-04-08
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79 to dfwguy

to dfwguy
Actually, fios should be able to regionalize BTN games like they do espn and MLB. They dropped the ball in week 1 by showing SD only of maryland's debut on BTN in SD only in the state of maryland.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by eival:

is your friend

You missed my point which is we should not have to hit the net for information on the teams of a game....

its a TV guide not a wikipedia page.

just be happy they had teams listed and not "TBA vs TBA" like most sports slots are, or not even have a slot listed, like NBC didnt during the hockey playoffs earlier this year

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

Someone opened up this topic in the Official Verizon Fios forums and it also has a link to up-vote this issue to hopefully have someone from Verizon respond and fix sooner.

»forums.verizon.com/t5/Fi ··· p/737767
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

1 edit

thetick

Some channels (BTN, MSG, ABC, all the EPSNs) now show the exact two teams playing, but I noticed Saturday's listings for CBS and CBS Sports Network don't.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to eival

to eival
said by eival:

its a TV guide not a wikipedia page.

You must be joking to think that the Guide should not have to show which two teams are playing....
bohratom

bohratom to thetick

to thetick
said by thetick:

but I noticed Saturday's listings for CBS and CBS Sports Network don't.

Seems they also fixed Fox Sports which now displays both team names for games this Saturday.
bohratom

bohratom

I checked the guide for this coming Saturday and it appears every network game now includes full team names.