spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jalapeo
@70.194.5.x

Jalapeo

Anon

Antenna use

My jetpack mhs291l is great but sketchy reception where I live. I purchased a military grade antenna from antenna gear and bingo! 4g reception immediately. But...here's the problem...my jetpack will no longer work on it's own even when I am in the city. It says no signal. It will no longer work anywhere without the antenna. Did I ruin my jetpack mobility by using this antenna?
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

said by Jalapeo :

My jetpack mhs291l is great but sketchy reception where I live. I purchased a military grade antenna from antenna gear and bingo! 4g reception immediately. But...here's the problem...my jetpack will no longer work on it's own even when I am in the city. It says no signal. It will no longer work anywhere without the antenna. Did I ruin my jetpack mobility by using this antenna?

The antenna adapter was the wrong size and it broke the antenna port . Usually when you plug in an antenna it disengages the internal antenna on the device . When you pull out the adapter it reengages the devices antenna. An in properly sized adapter can break this mechanism . Antenna gear is crap after market equipment . Not the first time I have heard of this happening . You need a new device . In the future make sure you have the right adapter . And be careful inserting and removing it.