spc
Search similar:

uniqs
derekwilson
join:2014-09-07
Birmingham, AL

derekwilson

Greece IP address tried to hack my live.com email

I received a text message on my smartingphone from Microsoft that someone had tried to access my live.com email account. I rarely use it anyway. The "attack" came from Greece. Here is the info:
IP address - 37.6.120.176
Device/platform - Windows
Browser/app - Firefox

Postal8
First pull up, then pull down.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-30
Simi Valley, CA

Postal8

Premium Member

I get attempts on my live account all the time. Only the ones from the US are me...

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet

Do you think these are people mistakenly putting in wrong user name, perhaps similar to yours? Seems there would be more password attempts if trying to access your account. Good idea turning on the 2 step verification.

Postal8
First pull up, then pull down.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-30
Simi Valley, CA

Postal8

Premium Member

said by planet:

Do you think these are people mistakenly putting in wrong user name, perhaps similar to yours?

No idea. But I would think if that was the case there would also be failed attempts from within the US also. The failed attempts are always from overseas (or at least appear to be, maybe a proxy is involved).

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet

said by Postal8:

No idea. But I would think if that was the case there would also be failed attempts from within the US also. The failed attempts are always from overseas (or at least appear to be, maybe a proxy is involved).

Makes sense.